Small Business and Job Creation: A Comment
AbstractDavis, Haltiwanger and Schuh (1996) claim to dissect the myth and reassess the facts on the job creation prowess of small businesses. We disagree with the authors. In this comment we discuss their five chief findings and conclusions and in particular, the use of a "regression-to-the-mean" correction. Copyright 1996 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Carree & A. Thurik, 1998. "Small firms and economic growth in europe," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(2), pages 137-146, June.
- Haunschild, Ljuba & May-Strobl, Eva, 2009. "Arbeitsplatzdynamik und nachhaltige Beschäftigungswirkungen in kleinen und mittleren Unternehmen: Eine empirische Untersuchung auf Basis des Umsatzsteuerpanels für die Jahre 2001 bis 2005," Working Papers 06/09, IfM - Institut für Mittelstandsforschung Bonn.
- David Audretsch & Roy Thurik, 0000. "Sources of Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-109/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Audretsch, D.B. & Thurik, A.R., 2000. "What's New About the New Economy? Sources of growth in the managed and entrepreneurial economies," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-45-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Zoltan Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004.
"Employment Growth and Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 911-927.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004. "Employment Growth and Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-13, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Thelma Quince & Hugh Whittaker, 2002. "High Tech Businesses in the UK: performance and niche markets," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp234, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Zoltan J Acs & Catherine Armington, 1999. "Job Flow Dynamics in the Service Sector," Working Papers 99-14, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Alfred R Nucci, 1996. "Business Failure In The 1992 Establishment Universe Sources Of Population Heterogeneity," Working Papers 96-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Zoltan J Acs & Catherine Armington, 2003. "Endogenous Growth and Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities," Working Papers 03-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Audretsch, David B. & Carree, Martin A. & van Stel, André J. & Thurik, A. Roy, 2000.
"Impeded industrial restructuring : the growth penalty,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
114, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- D.B. Audretsch & M.A. Carree & A.J. van Stel & A.R. Thurik, 2000. "Impeded Industrial Restructuring: The Growth Penalty," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-095/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Audretsch, David B & Thurik, A R Roy, 2000. "Impeded Industrial Restructuring: The Growth Penalty," CEPR Discussion Papers 2648, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:0000109 is not listed on IDEAS
- De-Chih Liu, 2013. "Small business job creation hypothesis in Taiwan," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1459-1492, April.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2000095 is not listed on IDEAS
- JosÃ© A. Belso MartÃnez, 2005. "Equilibrium entrepreneurship rate, economic development and growth. Evidence from Spanish regions," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Catherine Armington & Alicia Robb & Zoltan J Acs, 1999. "Measures Of Job Flow Dynamics In The U.S.," Working Papers 99-1, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2097109 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.