The role of family ownership in international entrepreneurship: exploring nonlinear effects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Family ownership; International entrepreneurship; Stewardship; Stagnation; M16; L26; F20; L25;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M16 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - International Business Administration
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aldrich, Howard E. & Cliff, Jennifer E., 2003. "The pervasive effects of family on entrepreneurship: toward a family embeddedness perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 573-596, September.
- Kellermanns, Franz W. & Eddleston, Kimberly A., 2007. "A family perspective on when conflict benefits family firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1048-1057, October.
- Kimberly A. Eddleston & Franz Willi Kellermanns & Ravi Sarathy, 2008. "Resource Configuration in Family Firms: Linking Resources, Strategic Planning and Technological Opportunities to Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 26-50, 01.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Burkart, Mike & Panunzi, Fausto & Shleifer, Andrei, 2002.
CEPR Discussion Papers
3234, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrei Shleifer & Fausto Panunzi & Mike Burkart, 2002. "Family Firms," FMG Discussion Papers dp406, Financial Markets Group.
- Mike Burkart & Fausto Panunzi & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "Family Firms," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1944, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mike Burkart & Fausto Panunzi & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "Family Firms," NBER Working Papers 8776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Terence Fan & Phillip Phan, 2007. "International new ventures: revisiting the influences behind the ‘born-global’ firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(7), pages 1113-1131, December.
- Witkowski, Terrence H. & Thibodeau, Eric J., 1999. "Personal Bonding Processes in International Marketing Relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 315-325, November.
- Zulima Fern�ndez & Mar�a Jes�s Nieto, 2006. "Impact of ownership on the international involvement of SMEs," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(3), pages 340-351, May.
- Richard W Wright & David A Ricks, 1994. "Trends in International Business Research: Twenty-Five Years Later," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 687-701, December.
- Danny Miller & Isabelle Le Breton-Miller & Barry Scholnick, 2008. "Stewardship vs. Stagnation: An Empirical Comparison of Small Family and Non-Family Businesses," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 51-78, 01.
- Jean-Luc Arregle & Michael A. Hitt & David G. Sirmon & Philippe Very, 2007. "The Development of Organizational Social Capital: Attributes of Family Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 73-95, 01.
- Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Kellermanns, Franz W., 2007. "Destructive and productive family relationships: A stewardship theory perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 545-565, July.
- Stephanie A Fernhaber & Brett Anitra Gilbert & Patricia P McDougall, 2008. "International entrepreneurship and geographic location: an empirical examination of new venture internationalization," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(2), pages 267-290, March.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 2003. "International expansion of U.S. manufacturing family businesses: the effect of ownership and involvement," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 495-512, July.
- William S. Schulze & Michael H. Lubatkin & Richard N. Dino, 2002. "Altruism, agency, and the competitiveness of family firms," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4-5), pages 247-259.
- Etemad, Hamid & Lee, Yender, 2003. " The Knowledge Network of International Entrepreneurship: Theory and Evidence," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 5-23, February.
- Landes, David S., 1949. "French Entrepreneurship and Industrial Growth in the Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 45-61, May.
- Anisya S Thomas & Stephen L Mueller, 2000. "A Case for Comparative Entrepreneurship: Assessing the Relevance of Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(2), pages 287-301, June.
- Lai Si Tsui-Auch, 2004. "The Professionally Managed Family-ruled Enterprise: Ethnic Chinese Business in Singapore," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 693-723, 06.
- Praet, Alain, 2013. "Family firms and the divestment decision: An agency perspective," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 34-41.
- Eberhard, Manuel & Craig, Justin, 2013. "The evolving role of organisational and personal networks in international market venturing," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 385-397.
- Isabel Feito-Ruiz & Clara Cardone-Riportella & Susana Menéndez-Requejo, 2014. "SMEs’ Delisting Decisions on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM): Family Holders and Financial Crisis," Working Papers 14.02, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Financial Economics and Accounting (former Department of Business Administration).
- Calabrò, Andrea & Torchia, Mariateresa & Pukall, Thilo & Mussolino, Donata, 2013. "The influence of ownership structure and board strategic involvement on international sales: The moderating effect of family involvement," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 509-523.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.