Operationalizing opportunities in entrepreneurship research: use of data envelopment analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Entrepreneurship; Opportunities; Innovation; Arbitrage; Data envelopment analysis; L26; O33;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "The Management of Innovation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1185-1209, November.
- Paul Cook & Yuichiro Uchida, 2002. "Productivity growth in east Asia: a reappraisal," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(10), pages 1195-1207.
- Leslie Lipschitz & Alex Mourmouras & Timothy D. Lane, 2002. "Capital Flows to Transition Economies: Master or Servant," IMF Working Papers 02/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-48, August.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2004. "Non Parametric Efficiency Measurement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(496), pages F307-F311, 06.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1994.
"On the Management of Innovation,"
IDEI Working Papers
36, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jerry G. Thursby & Marie C. Thursby, 2002.
"Who Is Selling the Ivory Tower? Sources of Growth in University Licensing,"
INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 90-104, January.
- Jerry G. Thursby & Marie C. Thursby, 2000. "Who is Selling the Ivory Tower? Sources of Growth in University Licensing," NBER Working Papers 7718, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arcelus, F. J. & Arozena, P., 1999. "Measuring sectoral productivity across time and across countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 254-266, December.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Norris, Mary, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1040-43, December.
- Paul Reynolds & Niels Bosma & Erkko Autio & Steve Hunt & Natalie De Bono & Isabel Servais & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Nancy Chin, 2005. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Data Collection Design and Implementation 1998–2003," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 205-231, 02.
- Troutt, Marvin D. & Ehie, Ike C. & Brandyberry, Alan A., 2007. "Maximally productive input-output units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(2), pages 359-373, April.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Jens J. Kr¸ger, 2003. "The global trends of total factor productivity: evidence from the nonparametric Malmquist index approach," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 265-286, April.
- Alvarez, Sharon A. & Barney, Jay B., 2004. "Organizing rent generation and appropriation: toward a theory of the entrepreneurial firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 621-635, September.
- A. Emrouznejad, 2003. "An alternative DEA measure: a case of OECD countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 779-782.
- Arcelus, Francisco J. & Arocena, Pablo, 2000. "Convergence and productive efficiency in fourteen OECD countries: A non-parametric frontier approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 105-117, June.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Note: Ranking DMUs with Infeasible Super-Efficiency DEA Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 705-710, May.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-39, December.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Busenitz, Lowell W. & Barney, Jay B., 1997. "Differences between entrepreneurs and managers in large organizations: Biases and heuristics in strategic decision-making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 9-30, January.
- Mircea Epure & Diego Prior & Christian Serarols, 2011.
"Assessing technology-based spin-offs from university support units,"
Economics Working Papers
1330, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2013.
- Mircea Epure & Diego Prior & Christian Serarols, 2012. "Assessing Technology-based Spin-offs from University Support Units," Working Papers 650, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.