Entrepreneurship, developing countries, and development economics: new approaches and insights
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Development economics; Entrepreneurship; Poverty; Structural change; L26; M13; O1; O2;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Poh Wong & Yuen Ho & Erkko Autio, 2005. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth: Evidence from GEM data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 335-350, 01.
- Zoltan Acs & Sameeksha Desai & Jolanda Hessels, 2008. "Entrepreneurship, economic development and institutions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 219-234, October.
- David Audretsch & Roy Thurik, 2004. "A Model of the Entrepreneurial Economy," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-12, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Mehlum,H. & Moene,K. & Torvik,R., 2000.
"Predator or prey? : parasitic enterprises in economic development,"
27/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003. "Predator or prey?: Parasitic enterprises in economic development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 275-294, April.
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1979. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: The Problem Revisited," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 46-64, March.
- Henrekson, Magnus, 2007. "Entrepreneurship and Institutions," Working Paper Series 707, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Yuen-Ping Ho & Poh-Kam Wong, 2007. "Financing, Regulatory Costs and Entrepreneurial Propensity," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 187-204, March.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-46, September.
- Naude, Wim, 2007. "Geography and Development in Africa: Overview and Implications for Regional Cooperation," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1995.
"Reward structures and the allocation of talent,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-33, January.
- Blanchflower, D.G. & Oswald, A., 1991.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- David Audretsch & Roy Thurik, 0000. "Sources of Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-109/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008. "Is Entrepreneurship the Salvation for Enhanced Economic Growth?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 143, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
- Arthur Lewis, W., 1988. "The roots of development theory," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 27-37 Elsevier.
- Marcus DEJARDIN, 2001. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth: An Obvious Conjunction?," Development and Comp Systems 0110010, EconWPA.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
- Joseph E Stiglitz, 2006. "Civil Strife and Economic and Social Policies," Economics of Peace and Security Journal, Economists for Peace and Security (UK), vol. 1(1), pages 6-9, January.
- Sergey Anokhin & Dietmar Grichnik & Robert D. Hisrich, 2008. "The Journey from Novice to Serial Entrepreneurship in China and Germany: Are the Drivers the Same?," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 6(2), pages 117-142.
- Gries, Thomas & Naudé, Wim, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship and human development: A capability approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 216-224.
- Gries, Thomas & Naudé, Wim, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and human development: A capability approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 216-224, April.
- Gries,Thomas & Naudé, Wim, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and Human Development: A Capability Approach," Working Paper Series wp2010-68, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Naudé, Wim & Amoros, José Ernesto & Cristi, Oscar, 2012.
""Surfeiting, the appetite may sicken": Entrepreneurship and the happiness of nations,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
013, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Wim Naudé & José Ernesto Amorós & Oscar Cristi, 2011. "‘Surfeiting, The Appetite May Sicken’: Entrepreneurship and the Happiness of Nations," Working Papers 2011/07, Maastricht School of Management.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Naude, Wim, 2009.
"Entrepreneurship is not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries,"
Working Paper Series
Research Paper No. 2009-4, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Naudé, Wim, 2011. "Entrepreneurship is Not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 33-44, January.
- Bruck, Tilman & Naude, Wim & Verwimp, Philip, 2013. "Entrepreneurship and violent conflict in developing countries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michael Grimm & Simon Lange & Jann Lay, 2011. "Credit-constrained in risky activities? The determinants of capital stocks of micro and small firms in Western Africa," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 104, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and a Global Economic Crisis,"
Working Paper Series
wp2010-57, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gries Thomas & Naude Wim, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and a Global Economic Crisis," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-43, July.
- Bobba, Matteo & Bianchi, Milo, 2013. "Liquidity, Risk, and Occupational Choices," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© Paris-Dauphine urn:hdl:123456789/5380, Université Paris-Dauphine.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.