Firm racial segregation and affirmative action in the highway construction industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Affirmative action; Highway construction; Racial segregation; Public procurement; L26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollinger, Christopher R. & Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 2003. "The intraurban spatial distribution of employment: which government interventions make a difference?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 396-412, May.
- Justin Marion, 2009. "How Costly Is Affirmative Action? Government Contracting and California's Proposition 209," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 503-522, August.
- Brueckner, Jan & Zenou, Yves, 2000.
"Space And Unemployment: The Labour-Market Effects Of Spatial Mismatch,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2397, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Yves Zenou, 2003. "Space and Unemployment: The Labor-Market Effects of Spatial Mismatch," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 242-262, January.
- Cutler, David M & Glaeser, Edward L, 1997.
"Are Ghettos Good or Bad?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 827-72, August.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Stoll, Michael A., 1999. "Spatial Job Search, Spatial Mismatch, and the Employment and Wages of Racial and Ethnic Groups in Los Angeles," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 129-155, July.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Wainwright, Jon, 2005.
"An Analysis of the Impact of Affirmative Action Programs on Self-Employment in the Construction Industry,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1856, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David G. Blanchflower & Jon Wainwright, 2005. "An Analysis of the Impact of Affirmative Action Programs on Self-Employment in the Construction Industry," NBER Working Papers 11793, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael A. Stoll, 1999. "Spatial mismatch, discrimination, and male youth employment in the Washington, DC area: Implications for residential mobility policies," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 77-98.
- Michael A. Stoll & Harry J. Holzer & Keith R. Ihlanfeldt, 2000.
"Within cities and suburbs: Racial residential concentration and the spatial distribution of employment opportunities across sub-metropolitan areas,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 207-231.
- M. A. Stoll & H. J. Holzer & K. R. Ihlanfeldt, . "Within Cities and Suburbs: Racial Residential Concentration and the Spatial Distribution of Employment Opportunities across Submetropolitan Areas," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1189-99, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Robert Fairlie & Justin Marion, 2012. "Affirmative action programs and business ownership among minorities and women," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 319-339, September.
- Bates, Timothy & Williams, Darrell, 1996. "Do Preferential Procurement Programs Benefit Minority Business?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 294-97, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.