Entrepreneurship and innovation in Ghana: enterprising Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Entrepreneurship; Innovation; Ghana; L26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Rogers, 2004. "Networks, Firm Size and Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 141-153, 03.
- Paul Robson & Bernard Obeng, 2008. "The Barriers to Growth in Ghana," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 385-403, April.
- Elena Huergo & Jordi Jaumandreu, 2004. "How Does Probability of Innovation Change with Firm Age?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 193-207, 04.
- Bruderl, Josef & Preisendorfer, Peter, 1998. " Network Support and the Success of Newly Founded Businesses," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 213-25, May.
- Romijn, Henny & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2002. "Determinants of innovation capability in small electronics and software firms in southeast England," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1053-1067, September.
- Scherer, F M, 1992. "Schumpeter and Plausible Capitalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1416-33, September.
- Ganeshan Wignaraja, 2002.
"Firm Size, Technological Capabilities and Market-oriented Policies in Mauritius,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 87-104.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2001. "Firm Size, Technological Capabilities and Market-Oriented Policies in Mauritius," Discussion Papers 1, United Nations University, Institute for New Technologies.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Harry Bloch, 2004. "Determinants of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 155-162, 03.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Marsden, K., 1990. "African Entrepreneurs; Pioneers of Development," Papers 9, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Fadahunsi, Akin & Rosa, Peter, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and Illegality: Insights from the Nigerian cross-border Trade," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 397-429, September.
- Ronde, Patrick & Hussler, Caroline, 2005. "Innovation in regions: What does really matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1150-1172, October.
- Sleuwaegen, Leo & Goedhuys, Micheline, 2002. "Growth of firms in developing countries, evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 117-135, June.
- Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, B. & Laditan, G. O. A. & Esubiyi, A. O., 1996. "Industrial innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa: the manufacturing sector in Nigeria," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1081-1096, October.
- Fritsch, Michael & Franke, Grit, 2004. "Innovation, regional knowledge spillovers and R&D cooperation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 245-255, March.
- Takyi-Asiedu, Stephen, 1993. "Some socio-cultural factors retarding entrepreneurial activity in sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 91-98, March.
- Frazer, Garth, 2005. "Which Firms Die? A Look at Manufacturing Firm Exit in Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 585-617, April.
- Watson, John, 2007. "Modeling the relationship between networking and firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 852-874, November.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Paolo Falco & Luke Haywood, 2013. "Entrepreneurship versus Joblessness: Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1334, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2012. "International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 266-290.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.