Establishment Size by Sector and County-Level Economic Growth
AbstractMedian household income is found to grow faster in counties with smaller manufacturing, retail, wholesale, and service establishments. Copyright Springer 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
establishment size; income growth; O47;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Azmat Gani & Michael D. Clemes, 2010. "Services and economic growth in Pacific Island countries," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 113-130, July.
- Joshua Drucker, 2009. "Trends in Regional Industrial Concentration in the United States," Working Papers 09-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Gil, Pedro Mazeda, 2010.
"Stylised facts and other empirical evidence on firm dynamics, business cycle and growth,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 73-80, June.
- Pedro Rui Mazeda Gil, 2008. "Stylized Facts and Other Empirical Evidence on Firm Dynamics, Business Cycle and Growth," FEP Working Papers 276, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2011.
1106, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2011. "Heterogeneous Convergence," Working Paper Series 18_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Andrew Young & Matthew Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2013. "Heterogeneous Convergence," Emory Economics 1302, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2013. "Heterogeneous Convergence," Working Paper Series 19_13, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2013. "Heterogeneous Convergence," Working Papers 2013-04, Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University.
- Young, Andrew & Higgins, Matthew & Levy, Daniel, 2006. "Heterogeneous Convergence," MPRA Paper 954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy & Andrew T. Young, 2006. "Heterogeneous Convergence," Emory Economics 0615, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Ben R. Craig & William E. Jackson, III & James B. Thomson, 2007. "On government intervention in the small-firm credit market and its effect on economic performance," Working Paper 0702, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Shaffer , Sherrill & Hasan , Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009.
"New small firms and dimensions of economic performance,"
Research Discussion Papers
4/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2008. "New Small Firms And Dimensions Of Economic Performance," CAMA Working Papers 2008-24, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Craig E. Armstrong & Ben R. Craig & William E. Jackson, III & James B. Thomson, 2010. "The importance of financial market development on the relationship between loan guarantees for SMEs and local market employment rates," Working Paper 1020, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ben Craig & William Jackson & James Thomson, 2008. "Credit market failure intervention: Do government sponsored small business credit programs enrich poorer areas?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 345-360, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.