Business Incubation Centers and New Firm Growth in the Basque Country
AbstractThe purpose of this article is an attempt to identify those factors related to human capital and organizational resources which help in overcoming barriers to survive during the infancy period of firm start-ups. The paper aims to find out the extent to which the support received by entrepreneurs from incubator centers is critical to ensure firm life.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3_4 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Younes Ben Zaied & Siagh Ahmed Ramzi, 2012. "Les déterminants du succès entrepreneurial ; Une étude empirique de la région de Sfax en Tunisie," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201235, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Akcomak, Semih, 2009. "Incubators as Tools for Entrepreneurship Promotion in Developing Countries," MERIT Working Papers 054, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Mercedes Teruel-Carrizosa & Agustí Segarra-Blasco, 2008. "Immigration and Firm Growth: Evidence from Spanish cities," Working Papers XREAP2008-11, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2008.
- Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2011. "Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 341-358, May.
- Ernesto Tavoletti & Corrado Cerruti, 2012. "Business Incubation: The Case of the European Space Agency," DSI Essays Series, DSI - Dipartimento di Studi sull'Impresa, vol. 29.
- Mercedes Teruel-Carrizosa, 2010. "Gibrat’s law and the learning process," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 355-373, May.
- Andres Jung & Cecilia Plottier, 2011. "Firm growth in a regional trade integration context," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1502, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Schwartz & Maximilian Göthner, 2009. "A Novel Approach to Incubator Evaluations: The PROMETHEE Outranking Procedures," IWH Discussion Papers 1, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Schwartz, 2008. "Incubator Age and Incubation Time: Determinants of Firm Survival after Graduation?," IWH Discussion Papers 14, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Stam, Wouter & Arzlanian, Souren & Elfring, Tom, 2014. "Social capital of entrepreneurs and small firm performance: A meta-analysis of contextual and methodological moderators," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 152-173.
- Belso-Martinez, Jose A. & Molina-Morales, F. Xavier & Mas-Verdu, Francisco, 2013. "Combining effects of internal resources, entrepreneur characteristics and KIS on new firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2079-2089.
- Zoltan Bajmocy, 2006. "Opportunities of University Business Incubation in the Less Favoured Regions of Transition Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa06p190, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Schwartz, 2009. "Beyond incubation: an analysis of firm survival and exit dynamics in the post-graduation period," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 403-421, August.
- Michael Schwartz & Christoph Hornych, 2008. "Technologie- und Gründerzentren im Lichte von Diversifizierung versus Spezialisierung," IWH Discussion Papers 7, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.