Oil prices and transport sector returns: an international analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Oil price; Transport sector; Equity returns; Asset pricing; G12; Q40; R40;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davidson, Sinclair & Faff, Robert & Hillier, David, 2003. "Gold factor exposures in international asset pricing," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 271-289, July.
- Basher, Syed A. & Sadorsky, Perry, 2006.
"Oil price risk and emerging stock markets,"
Global Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 224-251, December.
- Faff, Robert W. & Brailsford, Timothy J., 1999. "Oil price risk and the Australian stock market," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 69-87, 06.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Rebeca Jimenez-Rodriguez & Marcelo Sanchez, 2005. "Oil price shocks and real GDP growth: empirical evidence for some OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 201-228.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam, 1996. " Oil and the Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 463-91, June.
- El-Sharif, Idris & Brown, Dick & Burton, Bruce & Nixon, Bill & Russell, Alex, 2005. "Evidence on the nature and extent of the relationship between oil prices and equity values in the UK," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 819-830, November.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Pettengill, Glenn N. & Sundaram, Sridhar & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Fletcher, Jonathan, 2000. "On the conditional relationship between beta and return in international stock returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 235-245.
- Nandha, Mohan & Faff, Robert, 2008. "Does oil move equity prices? A global view," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 986-997, May.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2001. "Risk factors in stock returns of Canadian oil and gas companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 17-28, January.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Filis, George & Floros, Christos, 2013. "Oil and stock returns: Evidence from European industrial sector indices in a time-varying environment," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 175-191.
- Mohamed El Hédi Arouri & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2012. "Oil-stock volatility transmission, portfolio selection and hedging," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 2768-2778.
- Rania Jammazi & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Responses of international stock markets to oil price surges: a regimeswitching perspective," Working Papers 2014-080, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Mohamed EL HEDI AROURI & Philippe FOULQUIER & Julien FOUQUAU, 2011.
"Oil Prices and Stock Markets in Europe: A Sector Perspective,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
2011011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mohamed El Hedi AROURI & Philippe Foulquier & Julien Fouquau, 2011. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets in Europe: A Sector Perspective," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 77(1), pages 5-30.
- Aloui, Riadh & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2013. "A time-varying copula approach to oil and stock market dependence: The case of transition economies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 208-221.
- Jouini, Jamel, 2013. "Return and volatility interaction between oil prices and stock markets in Saudi Arabia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1124-1144.
- Ratti, Ronald A. & Hasan, M. Zahid, 2013. "Oil Price Shocks and Volatility in Australian Stock Returns ," MPRA Paper 49043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi & Jouini, Jamel & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2012. "On the impacts of oil price fluctuations on European equity markets: Volatility spillover and hedging effectiveness," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 611-617.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Akhigbe, Aigbe & Mohanty, Sunil K., 2012. "Oil price shocks and transportation firm asset prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1370-1379.
- Mohanty, Sunil & Nandha, Mohan & Habis, Essam & Juhabi, Eid, 2014. "Oil price risk exposure: The case of the U.S. Travel and Leisure Industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 117-124.
- Hedi Arouri, Mohamed El & Khuong Nguyen, Duc, 2010.
"Oil prices, stock markets and portfolio investment: Evidence from sector analysis in Europe over the last decade,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4528-4539, August.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2010. "Oil Prices, Stock Markets and Portfolio Investment: Evidence from Sector Analysis in Europe over the Last Decade," Working Papers hal-00507823, HAL.
- Sunil Mohanty & Aigbe Akhigbe & Tawfeek Al-Khyal & Turki Bugshan, 2013. "Oil and stock market activity when prices go up and down: the case of the oil and gas industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 253-272, August.
- Moez Khalfallah & Bruno-Laurent Moschetto & FrÃ©dÃ©ric Teulon, 2014. "Evaluation of the profitability of companies financed by venture capital (CVC) listed on the French market," Working Papers 2014-085, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- El Hedi Arouri, Mohamed & Jouini, Jamel & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2011. "Volatility spillovers between oil prices and stock sector returns: Implications for portfolio management," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1387-1405.
- Mohanty, Sunil K. & Nandha, Mohan & Turkistani, Abdullah Q. & Alaitani, Muhammed Y., 2011. "Oil price movements and stock market returns: Evidence from Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 42-55.
- Arouri Mohamed El Hedi & Jawadi Fredj, 2010. "Short and long-term links between oil prices and stock markets in Europe," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 817-828.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi, 2011. "Does crude oil move stock markets in Europe? A sector investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1716-1725, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.