Should more local governments purchase a bond rating?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Ratings; Municipal bonds; Selection bias; G12; G24; H74;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- H74 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Borrowing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cantor, Richard & Packer, Frank, 1997. "Differences of opinion and selection bias in the credit rating industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1395-1417, October.
- Loviscek, Anthony L & Crowley, Frederick D, 1990. "What Is in a Municipal Bond Rating?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 25-53, February.
- Lovely, Mary E. & Wasylenko, Michael J., 1992. "State Taxation of Interest Income and Municipal Borrowing Costs," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 45(1), pages 37-52, March Cit.
- Reeve, James M. & Herring, Hartwell C., 1986. "An examination of nonrated municipal bonds," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 65-76, February.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Roden, Peyton Foster & Bassler, John, 1996. "Effect of Underwriter Prestige on the Interest Cost of Municipal Bond Offerings," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 641-66, August.
- Thompson, G Rodney & Vaz, Peter, 1990. "Dual Bond Ratings: A Test of the Certification Function of Rating Agencies," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(3), pages 457-71, August.
- moon, Choon-Geol & Stotsky, Janet G., 1993. "Municipal bond rating analysis : Sample selectivity and simultaneous equations bias," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 29-50, March.
- Ingram, Robert W & Brooks, Leroy D & Copeland, Ronald M, 1983. " The Information Content of Municipal Bond Rating Changes: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 997-1003, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.