Corporate governance and firm operating performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Corporate governance; Firm operating performance; U.S. stock exchanges; D21; G34; M41; M42;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Auditing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen & Allen Ferrell, 2009. "What Matters in Corporate Governance?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 783-827, February.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy L. Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2001.
"Corporate Governance and Equity Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
8449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K. J. Martijn Cremers & Vinay B. Nair, 2005. "Governance Mechanisms and Equity Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2859-2894, December.
- Reena Aggarwal & Isil Erel & René Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 2009.
"Differences in Governance Practices between U.S. and Foreign Firms: Measurement, Causes, and Consequences,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(8), pages 3131-3169, August.
- Reena Aggarwal & Isil Erel & René Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 2007. "Differences in Governance Practices between U.S. and Foreign Firms: Measurement, Causes, and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 13288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Erel, Isil & Stulz, Rene M. & Williamson, Rohan, 2007. "Differences in Governance Practices between U.S. and Foreign Firms: Measurement, Causes, and Consequences," Working Paper Series 2007-14, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Brown, Lawrence D. & Caylor, Marcus L., 2006. "Corporate governance and firm valuation," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 409-434.
- Shijun Cheng & John Evans & Nandu Nagarajan, 2008. "Board size and firm performance: the moderating effects of the market for corporate control," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 121-145, August.
- Vives,Xavier (ed.), 2006. "Corporate Governance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521032032, April.
- Tai, Vivian W. & Lai, Yi-Hsun & Lin, Lin, 2014. "Local institutional shareholders and corporate hedging policies," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 287-312.
- Emilia Peni, 2014. "CEO and Chairperson characteristics and firm performance," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 185-205, February.
- Braga-Alves, Marcus V. & Morey, Matthew, 2012. "Predicting corporate governance in emerging markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1414-1439.
- Nancy Harp & Mark Myring & Rebecca Shortridge, 2014. "Do Variations in the Strength of Corporate Governance Still Matter? A Comparison of the Pre- and Post-Regulation Environment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 361-373, July.
- Lee, Bong Soo & Li, Ming-Yuan Leon, 2012. "Diversification and risk-adjusted performance: A quantile regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2157-2173.
- Yen-Hsien Lee & Ya-Ling Huang & Shiuh-Sheng Hsu & Chien-Han Hung, 2013. "Measuring the Efficiency and the Effect of Corporate Governance on the Biotechnology and Medical Equipment Industries in Taiwan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 662-672.
- Alves, Paulo & Couto, Eduardo & Francisco, Paulo, 2014. "Executive Pay And Performance In Portuguese Listed Companies," MPRA Paper 55189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stergios Leventis & Panagiotis Dimitropoulos, 2012. "The role of corporate governance in earnings management: experience from US banks," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 161-177.
- Ahmed AYADI, 2014. "Impact of the governance system efficiency on the performance of the regional transport companies in Tunisia," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 039-051.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.