The performance of stocks that are reverse split
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 30 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Reverse splits; Exchange delisting; Stock margin; Stock underperformance; Calendar time analysis; G14; G32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark L. Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 1997.
"Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance,"
CRSP working papers
453, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Stafford, Erik, 2000. "Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(3), pages 287-329, July.
- Shumway, Tyler, 1997. " The Delisting Bias in CRSP Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 327-40, March.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Sanger, Gary C. & Peterson, James D., 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Common Stock Delistings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Poon, Percy, 1987. " The Market Reaction to Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1347-70, December.
- Peterson, David R & Peterson, Pamela P, 1992. "A Further Understanding of Stock Distributions: The Case of Reverse Stock Splits," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(3), pages 189-205, Fall.
- Hwang, Chuan Yang, 1995. " Microstructure and Reverse Stock Splits," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 169-77, June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- Ferris, Stephen P & Hwang, Chuan-Yang & Sarin, Atulya, 1995. " A Microstructure Examination of Trading Activity following Stock Splits," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 27-41, March.
- Rhee, S. Ghon & Wu, Feng, 2012. "Anything wrong with breaking a buck? An empirical evaluation of NASDAQ's $1 minimum bid price maintenance criterion," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 258-285.
- Ahern, Kenneth R., 2009. "Sample selection and event study estimation," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 466-482, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.