Value Relevance of Nonfinancial Information: The Case of Patent Data
AbstractWhen used in conjunction with traditional R&D expenditure information, scientific information on patent quality appear to give investors a more useful basis upon which to judge the economic merit of the firm's R&D effort. This complementary relation suggests that consistent disclosure of patent quality information would be helpful to investors in their ongoing assessment of firms in the high tech sector. Copyright 2001 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 17 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Cauvin & Pierre-Laurent Bescos, 2005. "Nature Et Caracteristiques Des Informations Utilisees Par Les Entreprises Françaises Dans Le Cadre De Leur Communication Financiere : Une Etude Empirique," Post-Print halshs-00581142, HAL.
- Chen-Lung Chin & Picheng Lee & Hsin-Yi Chi & Asokan Anandarajan, 2006. "Patent Citation, R&D Spillover, and Tobin's Q: Evidence from Taiwan Semiconductor Industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 67-84, February.
- Semenova, Natalia & Hassel, Lars & Nilsson, Henrik, 2009. "The Value Relevance of Environmental and Social Performance: Evidence from Swedish SIX 300 Companies," Sustainable Investment and Corporate Governance Working Papers 2009/4, Sustainable Investment Research Platform.
- Ana Cunha & José Moreira, 2010. "Relevância informativa das Despesas de Investigação e Desenvolvimento: um estudo para o caso português," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 31, pages 06-23, June.
- Chen-Lung Chin & Picheng Lee & Gary Kleinman & Pei-Yu Chen, 2006. "IPO anomalies and innovation capital," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 67-91, August.
- Diaz-Diaz, Nieves Lidia & Aguiar-Diaz, Inmaculada & De Saá-Pérez, Petra, 2008. "The effect of technological knowledge assets on performance: The innovative choice in Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1515-1529, October.
- Hirschey, Mark & Richardson, Vernon J., 2004. "Are scientific indicators of patent quality useful to investors?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 91-107, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.