Geographical Agglomeration as an Alternative to Vertical Integration
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 36 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Agglomeration; Meat industry; Resource-based view; Transaction-cost economics; Vertical integration;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-40, June.
- Holl, Adelheid, 2008.
"Production subcontracting and location,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 299-309, May.
- Goldstein, G. S. & Gronberg, T. J., 1984. "Economies of scope and economies of agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 91-104, July.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Paul L. Robertson & Richard N. Langlois, 1994.
"Innovation, Networks, and Vertical Integration,"
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1999.
"Localization Of Industry And Vertical Disintegration,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 314-325, May.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1995. "Localization of industry and vertical disintegration," Staff Report 190, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2009.
"Do agglomeration and technology affect vertical integration? Evidence from Italian business groups,"
0903, c.MET-05 - Centro interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2009. "Do Agglomeration and Technology Affect Vertical Integration? Evidence from Italian Business Groups," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 305-322.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-61, Spring.
- Ono, Yukako, 2003.
"Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 377-395, May.
- Yukako Ono, 2002. "Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices," Working Paper Series WP-02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "The Firm as an Incentive System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 972-91, September.
- Michael J. Enright, 1995. "Organization and Coordination in Geographically Concentrated Industries," NBER Chapters, in: Coordination and Information: Historical Perspectives on the Organization of Enterprise, pages 103-146 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dahl, Michael S. & Pedersen, Christian O.R., 2004. "Knowledge flows through informal contacts in industrial clusters: myth or reality?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1673-1686, December.
- Figueiredo, Octávio & Guimarães, Paulo & Woodward, Douglas, 2010.
"Vertical disintegration in Marshallian industrial districts,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 73-78, January.
- Octávio Figueiredo & Paulo Guimarães & Douglas Woodward, 2008. "Vertical Disintegration in Marshallian Industrial Districts," FEP Working Papers 280, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Maskell, Peter, 2001. "Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of the Geographical Cluster," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 921-43, December.
- Li, Ben & Lu, Yi, 2009. "Geographic concentration and vertical disintegration: Evidence from China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 294-304, May.
- Jonathan Brookfield, 2008. "Firm Clustering and Specialization: A Study of Taiwan’s Machine Tool Industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 405-422, April.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2012.
"Agglomeration, Related Variety, and Vertical Integration,"
Clark University, vol. 88(3), pages 255-277, 07.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2011. "Agglomeration, related variety and vertical integration," Openloc Working Papers 1104, Public policies and local development.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2010. "Agglomeration, related variety and vertical integration," Working Papers 1005, c.MET-05 - Centro interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.