Determinants of UK Box Office Success: The Impact of Quality Signals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 33 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Advertising; Critical reviews; Film industry;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James G. MacKinnon, 2002. "Bootstrap inference in econometrics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 615-645, November.
- Anita Elberse & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 2003. "Demand and Supply Dynamics for Sequentially Released Products in International Markets: The Case of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 329-354.
- M. C. Jones, 2006. "Book Review," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1149-1151.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- Dina Mayzlin & Judith A. Chevalier, 2003.
"The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm413, Yale School of Management.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Dina Mayzlin, 2003. "The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews," NBER Working Papers 10148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1978. "A Model of Advertising and Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 485-503, June.
- Alan Collins & Chris Hand & Martin C. Snell, 2002.
"What makes a blockbuster? Economic analysis of film success in the United Kingdom,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 343-354.
- Collins, A. & Hand, C. & Snell, M.C., 2001. "What Makes a Blockbuster? Economic Analysis of Film Success in the United Kingdom," Papers 137, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
- Eva Deuchert & Kossi Adjamah & Florian Pauly, 2005. "For Oscar Glory Or Oscar Money?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 159-176, August.
- W. D. Walls, 2005. "Modelling heavy tails and skewness in film returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(17), pages 1181-1188.
- De Vany, Arthur & Walls, W David, 1996. "Bose-Einstein Dynamics and Adaptive Contracting in the Motion Picture Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1493-1514, November.
- Stephanie Brewer & Jason Kelley & James Jozefowicz, 2009. "A blueprint for success in the US film industry," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 589-606.
- De Vany, A. & Walls, W.D., 2000.
"Does Hollywood make too many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation,"
99-00-24, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Arthur De Vany & W. David Walls, 2002. "Does Hollywood Make Too Many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 425-452, July.
- David A. Reinstein & Christopher M. Snyder, 2005. "THE INFLUENCE OF EXPERT REVIEWS ON CONSUMER DEMAND FOR EXPERIENCE GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF MOVIE CRITICS -super-* ," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 27-51, 03.
- De Vany, A. & Walls, W.D., 1999. ""Uncertainty in the Movies: Does Star Power Reduce the Terror of the Box Office?"," Papers 98-99-10, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- M. Bagella & L. Becchetti, 1999. "The Determinants of Motion Picture Box Office Performance: Evidence from Movies Produced in Italy," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 237-256, November.
- De Vany, Arthur & Lee, Cassey, 2001. "Quality signals in information cascades and the dynamics of the distribution of motion picture box office revenues," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 593-614, March.
- Elberse, Anita & Anand, Bharat, 2007. "The effectiveness of pre-release advertising for motion pictures: An empirical investigation using a simulated market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 319-343, October.
- A. E. Scorcu & R. Zanola, 2011. "Survival in the Cultural Market: The Case of Temporary Exhibitions," Working Paper Series 36_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013.
"Experts’ Awards And Economic Success: Evidence From An Italian Literary Prize,"
201306, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Experts’ Awards and Economic Success: Evidence from an Italian Literary Prize," CSEF Working Papers 335, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ana Suárez-Vázquez, 2011. "Critic power or star power? The influence of hallmarks of quality of motion pictures: an experimental approach," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 119-135, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.