Entry and Prices: Evidence from the Supermarket Sector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Entry; Prices; Retail; L81; L10; L11;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosario Rivero & Rodrigo Vergara, 2006.
"Do Large Retailers Affect Employment? Evidence from an Emerging Economy,"
Documentos de Trabajo
307, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Rosario Rivero & Rodrigo Vergara, 2007. "Do large retailers affect employment? Evidence from an emerging economy," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 65-68.
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & C.J. Krizan, 2002.
"The Link Between Aggregate and Micro Productivity Growth: Evidence from Retail Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
9120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C.J. Krizan & John Haltiwanger & Lucia Foster, 2002. "The Link Between Aggregate and Micro Productivity Growth: Evidence from Retail Trade," Working Papers 02-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-59, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrigo Vergara & Rosario Rivero, 2006.
"Productividad Sectorial en Chile: 1986-2001,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(127), pages 143-168.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1989. "Price Wars Caused by Switching Costs," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 405-20, July.
- Ronald S. Jarmin & Shawn D. Klimek & Javier Miranda, 2009.
"The Role of Retail Chains: National, Regional and Industry Results,"
in: Producer Dynamics: New Evidence from Micro Data, pages 237-262
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald Jarmin & Shawn Klimek & Javier Miranda, 2005. "The Role of Retail Chains: National, Regional, and Industry Results," Working Papers 05-30, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Loreto Lira & Magdalena Ugarte & Rodrigo Vergara., 2008.
"Prices and Market Structure: An Empirical Analysis of the Supermarket Industry in Chile,"
Documentos de Trabajo
346, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Loreto Lira & Magdalena Ugarte & Rodrigo Vergara, 2012. "Prices and market structure: an empirical analysis of the supermarket industry in Chile," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 44(36), pages 4731-4744, December.
- Abe, Naohito & Kawaguchi, Daiji, 2010. "Incumbent's price response to new entry: The case of Japanese supermarkets," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 196-212, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.