Economics at the Federal Communications Commission
AbstractThis article reviews several issues confronted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) over the past year and discusses some of the economic analysis employed by the FCC in examining these issues. The article also identifies areas in which future academic research would be valuable to the agency. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 29 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
a la carte; multichannel video programming; net neutrality; spectrum auctions;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Klemperer, 2000.
"What Really Matters in Auction Design,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2000-W26, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Cramton, Peter & Schwartz, Jesse A, 2000.
"Collusive Bidding: Lessons from the FCC Spectrum Auctions,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 229-52, May.
- Peter Cramton & Jesse Schwartz, 2000. "Collusive Bidding: Lessons from the FCC Spectrum Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 00jre, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 09 Mar 1999.
- Cramton Peter & Schwartz Jesse A, 2002.
"Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Peter Cramton & Jesse Schwartz, 2000. "Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1210, Econometric Society.
- Peter Cramton & Jesse Schwartz, 2002. "Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 02collude, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 04 Dec 2002.
- Gregory Crawford, 2008. "The discriminatory incentives to bundle in the cable television industry," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 41-78, March.
- Veronika Grimm & Frank Riedel & Elmar G. Wolfstetter, 2001.
"Low Price Equilibrium in Multi-Unit Auctions: The GSM Spectrum Auction in Germany,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
506, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grimm, Veronika & Riedel, Frank & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2003. "Low price equilibrium in multi-unit auctions: the GSM spectrum auction in Germany," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1557-1569, December.
- Grimm, Veronika & Riedel, Frank & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2001. "Low price equilibrium in multi-unit auctions: The GSM spectrum auction in Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,31, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- John McMillan, 1994. "Selling Spectrum Rights," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 145-162, Summer.
- Peter Cramton, 1997.
"The FCC Spectrum Auctions: An Early Assessment,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 431-495, 09.
- Sandro Brusco & Giuseppe Lopomo, 1999. "Collusion via Signalling in Open Ascending Auctions with Multiple Objects and Complementarities," Working Papers 99-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan, 1996. "Analyzing the Airwaves Auction," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 159-175, Winter.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004.
"Putting Auction Theory to Work,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521551847.
- repec:wop:humbsf:2000-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:reg:wpaper:303 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:reg:rpubli:303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthony M. Kwasnica & Katerina Sherstyuk, 2001. "Collusion via Signaling in Multiple Object Auctions with Complementarities- An Experimental Test," Working Papers 200102, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Adam D. Rennhoff & Konstantinos Serfes, 2009. "The Role of Upstream-Downstream Competition on Bundling Decisions: Should Regulators Force Firms to Unbundle?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 547-588, 06.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
- Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie M. Marx & David McAdams & Brian Murray, 2011. "Carbon Allowance Auction Design: An Assessment of Options for the United States," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(1), pages 25-43, Winter.
- Bajari, Patrick & Yeo, Jungwon, 2009. "Auction design and tacit collusion in FCC spectrum auctions," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 90-100, June.
- Gregory Crawford & Evan Kwerel & Jonathan Levy, 2008. "Economics at the FCC: 2007–2008," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 187-210, November.
- David McAdams & Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie Marx & Brian Murray, . "Carbon Allowance Auction Design: An Assessment of Options for the U.S," Working Papers 10-64, Duke University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.