Can Quality Certification Lead to Stable Cartels?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 23 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
antitrust; asymmetric information; cartel-formation process; signal;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Paul R. Milgrom & John Roberts, 1984.
"Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
709, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991.
"High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 224-39, March.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- De, Sankar & Nabar, Prafulla, 1991. "Economic implications of imperfect quality certification," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 333-337, December.
- Wolinsky, Asher, 1983. "Prices as Signals of Product Quality," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 647-58, October.
- Symeonidis, George, 1999. "Cartel stability in advertising-intensive and R&D-intensive industries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 121-129, January.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1990.
"Stable cartels with a Cournot fringe,"
90-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mason, Charles F & Sterbenz, Frederic P, 1994. "Imperfect Product Testing and Market Size," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 61-86, February.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products,"
25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996. "Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1992.
"How Many Karats Is Gold: Welfare Effects of Easing a Denomination Standard,"
Cahiers de recherche
9225, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Crampes, Claude & Hollander, Abraham, 1995. "How Many Karats Is Gold: Welfare Effects of Easing a Denomination Standard," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 131-43, March.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1992. "How Many Karats Is Gold: Welfare Effects of Easing a Denomination Standard," Cahiers de recherche 9225, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1992. "How Many Karats Is Gold: Welfare Effects of Easing a Denomination Standard," Papers 92.271, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Daniel F. Spulber, 1989. "Regulation and Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262192756, June.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- Sylvie Thoron, 1998. "Formation of a Coalition-Proof Stable Cartel," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 63-76, February.
- J.M. Bourgeon & B. Coestier, 1996.
"Private Versus Public Product Labeling,"
THEMA Working Papers
96-19, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Prokop, Jacek, 1999. "Process of dominant-cartel formation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 241-257, February.
- Marette, Stephan & Crespi, John M & Schiavina, Allesandra, 1999. "The Role of Common Labelling in a Context of Asymmetric Information," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 167-78, June.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.