Entry and Exit in a Transition Economy: The Case of Poland
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 22 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlin, Wendy & Fries, Steven & Schaffer, Mark E & Seabright, Paul, 2001.
"Competition and Enterprise Performance in Transition Economies: Evidence from a Cross-country Survey,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2840, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wendy Carlin & Steven Fries & Mark Schaffer & Paul Seabright, 2001. "Competition and Enterprise Performance in Transition Economies: Evidence from a Cross-country Survey," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 376, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Wendy Carlin & Steven Fries & Mark Schaffer & Paul Seabright, 2001. "Competition and enterprise performance in transition economies: evidence from a cross-country survey," Working Papers 63, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Office of the Chief Economist.
- Broadman, Harry G., 2000. "Reducing structural dominance and entry barriers in Russian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2330, The World Bank.
- Jan Svejnar, 1991. "Microeconomic Issues in the Transition to a Market Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 123-138, Fall.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Simeon Djankov & Peter Murrell, 2002.
"Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 739-792, September.
- Djankov, Simeon & Murrell, Peter, 2002. "Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 3319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Audretsch, David B., 1989. "Small firms in U.S. manufacturing : A first report," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 399-402, December.
- Fotopoulos, Georgios & Spence, Nigel, 1999. "Net entry behaviour in Greek manufacturing: consumer, intermediate and capital goods industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1219-1230, November.
- Shapiro, Daniel & Khemani, R. S., 1987. "The determinants of entry and exit reconsidered," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-26, March.
- Fotopoulos, Georgios & Spence, Nigel, 1998. " Accounting for Net Entry into Greek Manufacturing by Establishments of Varying Size," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 125-44, September.
- Harry Broadman, 2000. "Reducing Structural Dominance and Entry Barriers in Russian Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 155-175, September.
- Mata, Jose, 1993. "Entry and type of entrant : Evidence from Portugal," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-122, March.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012.
"The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries,"
167136, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean-Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 93(2), pages 193-212.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean-Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Post-Print hal-00939376, HAL.
- Luis Gutierrez & Carlos Pombo, 2004.
"Firm Entry, Productivity Differentials and Turnovers in Import Substituting Markets: A study of the petrochemical industry in Colombia,"
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
22, Econometric Society.
- Luis Gutierrez & Carlos Pombo, 2004. "Firm entry, productivity differentials and turnovers in import substituting markets: a study of the petrochemical industry in Colombia," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 002728, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Kan, Viktoriya, 2010. "Regional Determinants of New Firm Formation in a Transition Economy: The Case of Uzbekistan," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 490, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Stefan Bojnec & Ana Xavier, 2004. "Entry and exit in transition economies: the Slovenian manufacturing sector," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 191-214.
- Blanchard, Pierre & Huiban, Jean-Pierre & Mathieu, Claude, 2011. "Productivity, sunk costs and firm exit in the French food industry," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114526, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2012. "The geographic determinants of bankruptcy: evidence from Switzerland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 231-251, July.
- Francesca Lotti & Marco Vivarelli & Enrico Santarelli, 2004. "Gibrat's Law and Market Selection," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-28, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Werner Hölzl, 2003. "Tangible and intangible sunk costs and the entry and exit of firms in Austrian Manufacturing," Working Papers geewp33, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2004.
"Competition Policy and Exit Rates: Evidence from Switzerland,"
SOI - Working Papers
0405, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Apr 2005.
- Buehler Stefan & Kaiser Christian & Jaeger Franz, 2005. "Competition Policy and Exit Rates: Evidence from Switzerland," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30, November.
- Martin Lábaj & Peter Silaniè & Christoph Weiss, 2013. "Entry and Competition in a Transition Economy: The Case of Slovakia," Department of Economic Policy Working Paper Series 003, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2006:i:11:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luis Gutierrez & Carlos Pombo, 2005. "Firm Entry and Productivity Turnovers in Import Substituting Markets: Evidence from the Petrochemical Industry in Colombia," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 63, pages 137-185, Julio-Dic.
- Azam Chaudhry & Marjan Nasir & Maryiam Haroon, 2012. "The Birth of Exporters: Entry and Scale of Firms in Punjab’s Export Sectors," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 17(Special E), pages 191-212, September.
- Marjan Nasir, 2014. "The Effect of Trade Liberalization on Firm Entry and Exit in Punjab, Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 67-89, Jan-June.
- Ugur Soytas, 2006. "Long run relationship between entry and exit: time series evidence from Turkish manufacturing industry," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(11), pages 1-12.
- F. Lotti & E. Santarelli & M. Vivarelli, 2003. "Gibrat's Law and Market Selection in the Radio, TV & Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 478, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Ugur Soytas, 2009. "Modeling Firm Population Dynamics: An Application to the Turkish Manufacturing Industry for the 1950¡V2000 Period," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 8(3), pages 213-223, December.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2014. "Global financial crisis, corporate governance, and firm survival:," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 178-211.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2013. "Global Financial Crisis, Corporate Governance, and Firm Survival: The Russian Experience," RRC Working Paper Series 37, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.