Is Mobile Telephony a Natural Oligopoly?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 22 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Coverage; mobile communications; roaming;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2000.
"The Evolution of Markets Under Entry and Standards Regulation - The Case of Global Mobile Telecommunications,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "The evolution of markets under entry and standards regulation -- the case of global mobile telecommunications," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1189-1212, July.
- Meghan R. Busse, 2000. "Multimarket Contact and Price Coordination in the Cellular Telephone Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 287-320, 06.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 1999.
"The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2054, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "The diffusion of mobile telecommunications services in the European Union," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 577-588, March.
- Gruber, H. & Verboven, F.L., 1998. "The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union," Discussion Paper 1998-138, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Choi, Seon-Kyou & Lee, Myeong-Ho & Chung, Gyu-Hwa, 2001. "Competition in Korean mobile telecommunications market: business strategy and regulatory environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 125-138, February.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13, January.
- Foreman, R Dean & Beauvais, Edward, 1999. "Scale Economies in Cellular Telephony: Size Matters," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-306, November.
- Michael Carter & Julian Wright, 1999. "Interconnection in Network Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1997. "Valuing the Effect of Regulation on New Services in Telecommunications," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1997 Micr), pages 1-54.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1998. "Network Interconnection in Telecommunications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 545-64, May.
- Peter Cramton, 1997.
"The FCC Spectrum Auctions: An Early Assessment,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 431-495, 09.
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Cave, Martin, 1998. "Competition in UK mobile communications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 109-131, March.
- Ambjørnsen, Terje & Foros, Øystein & Wasenden, Ole-Christian B., 2011. "Customer ignorance, price-cap regulation, and rent-seeking in mobile roaming," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-36, March.
- Ralf Dewenter & Justus Haucap, 2007.
"Demand Elasticities for Mobile Telecommunications in Austria,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
0017, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Ralf Dewenter & Justus Haucap, 2008. "Demand Elasticities for Mobile Telecommunications in Austria," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 228(1), pages 49-63, February.
- Nicoletta Corrocher & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2005. "Switching Costs, Consumers' Heterogeneity and Price Discrimination in the Mobile Communications Industry," KITeS Working Papers 166, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised May 2005.
- Joshua S. Gans & Stephen P. King & Julian Wright, 2005. "Wireless Communications," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-45, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Kevin Currier, 2009. "Price cap regulation of a dominant firm facing competition," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 98(3), pages 221-233, December.
- Stühmeier, Torben, 2012. "Roaming and Investments in the Mobile Internet Market," DICE Discussion Papers 46, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Salsas, Roger & Koboldt, Christian, 2004. "Roaming free?: Roaming network selection and inter-operator tariffs," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 497-517, December.
- Evans, Lewis & Hahn, Robert W., 2010. "Regulating Dynamic Markets: Progress in Theory and Practice," Working paper 606, Regulation2point0.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.