Thought experiments, counterfactuals and comparative analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Review of Austrian Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100335
Comparative analysis; Counterfactuals; Methodology; Analytic narratives; Case studies; Thought experiments; B4; B53;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cowen, Tyler & Fink, Richard, 1985. "Inconsistent Equilibrium Constructs: The Evenly Rotating Economy of Mises and Rothbard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 866-69, September.
- Edward Stringham, 2002.
"The Emergence of the London Stock Exchange as a Self-Policing Club,"
Journal of Private Enterprise,
The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 17(Spring 20), pages 1-19.
- Stringham, Edward, 2002. "The Emergence of the London Stock Exchange as a Self- Policing Club," MPRA Paper 25415, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2004. "Read All About It! Understanding the Role of Media in Economic Development," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 21-44, 02.
- Coase, R H, 1974. "The Lighthouse in Economics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 357-76, October.
- Stringham, Edward, 2003. "The extralegal development of securities trading in seventeenth-century Amsterdam," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 321-344.
- Robert H. Bates & Avner Greif & Margaret Levi & Jean-Laurent Rosenthal, 1998. "Analytic Narratives," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 6355.
- Leeson, Peter T., 2005. "Self-enforcing arrangements in African political economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 241-244, June.
- Leonid Krasnozhon, 2013. "Institutional stickiness of democracy in post-communist states: Can prevailing culture explain it?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 221-237, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.