Towards an Austrian Theory of the Firm
AbstractIn this contribution, our aim is to melt in the same analytical framework the Austrian conceptions, on the one hand, of the structure of production, and on the other hand, of the dynamics of knowledge; and then to propose a renewed theory of the firm and more generally of the analysis of the coordination of activities of the firms. In the debate concerning the new theories of the firm, we show that it is necessary to take into account the processual dimension of both production and knowledge in order to analyse as a process the coordination of firms plans.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Austrian Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100335
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Garrouste, 2001. "Learning in economics: the Austrian insights," ICER Working Papers 25-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Garzarelli, Giampaolo & Holian, Matthew J., 2011. "Parchment, guns, and the problem of governance," MPRA Paper 43724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard P. Adelstein, 2003. "Knowledge and Power in the Mechanical Firm: Planning for Profit in Austrian Perspective," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2005-015, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Agnès Festré,, 2007. "Carl Menger and Friedrich von Wieser on the Role of Knowledge and Beliefs in the Emergence and Evolution of Institutions," ICER Working Papers 39-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Pierre Garrouste, 2008. "The Austrian roots of the economics of institutions," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 251-269, December.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2010. "From action theory to the theory of the firm," IESE Research Papers D/855, IESE Business School.
- Elena Bianca Vieru, 2012. "The Ecologist Spirit Underneath Austrian Economist Clothes," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 236-242, December.
- Agnès Festré, 2009. "Carl Menger and Friedrich von Wieser on the role of knowledge and beliefs," Working Papers halshs-00346478, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.