Demand estimation and market definition for broadband Internet services
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Estimation of discrete choice models; Broadband Internet access; Market definition; Regulation; L51; L96;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Hoernig, Steffen & Barros, Pedro P, 2002.
"Universal Service and Entry: The Role of Uniform Pricing and Coverage Constraints,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 169-90, March.
- Hoernig, Steffen & Pita Barros, Pedro Luis & Valletti, Tommaso, 2001. "Universal Service and Entry: the Role of Uniform Pricing and Coverage Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 2789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roman Inderst & Tommaso Valletti, 2006. "Market Analysis in the Presence of Indirect Constraints and Captive Sales," CEIS Research Paper 74, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Goolsbee Austan, 2006.
"The Value of Broadband and the Deadweight Loss of Taxing New Technology,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Austan Goolsbee, 2006. "The Value of Broadband and the Deadweight Loss of Taxing New Technology," NBER Working Papers 11994, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Savage Scott J. & Waldman Donald M., 2004. "United States Demand for Internet Access," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Madden, Gary G & Simpson, Michael, 1997.
"Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data,"
11936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gary Madden & Michael Simpson, 1997. "Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1073-1078.
- repec:rne:rneart:v:3:y:2004:i:3:p:228-247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Savage, Scott J. & Waldman, Donald, 2005. "Broadband Internet access, awareness, and use: Analysis of United States household data," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 615-633, September.
- Rajeev Goel & Edward Hsieh & Michael Nelson & Rati Ram, 2006. "Demand elasticities for Internet services," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 975-980.
- Takanori Ida & Toshifumi Kuroda, 2006. "Discrete Choice Analysis of Demand for Broadband in Japan," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-22, 01.
- Shane Greenstein & Ryan C. McDevitt, 2009. "The Broadband Bonus: Accounting for Broadband Internet's Impact on U.S. GDP," NBER Working Papers 14758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hongjai Rhee & Minsoo Park, 2011. "Fixed-to-mobile call substitution and telephony market definition in Korea," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 198-218, October.
- Filippo Belloc & Antonio Nicita & Maria Alessandra Rossi, 2009. "Whither Broadband Policy? In Search of Selective Intervention," Department of Economics University of Siena 567, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel & Fernández-Gutiérrez, Marcos, 2013. "How consumers’ socio-economic background influences satisfaction: Insights for better utility regulation," MPRA Paper 47271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filippo Belloc & Antonio Nicita & Maria Alessandra Rossi, 2011. "The Nature, Timing and Impact of Broadband Policies: a Panel Analysis of 30 OECD Countries," Department of Economics University of Siena 615, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.