Implications of CO 2 emissions trading for short-run electricity market outcomes in northwest Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Electric power markets; Emissions trading; Carbon dioxide emissions; European Union Emissions Trading System; Cap-and-trade programs; C81; L11; L94;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stavins, Robert N., 2004.
- Robert N. Stavins, 2007. "Environmental Economics," NBER Working Papers 13574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stavins, Robert, 2004. "Environmental Economics," Working Paper Series rwp04-051, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Stavins, Robert, 2004. "Environmental Economics," Discussion Papers dp-04-54, Resources For the Future.
- Stavins, Robert & Newell, Richard, 2000.
"Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies,"
dp-00-10-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G & Stavins, Robert N, 2003. "Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-59, January.
- Espey, James A. & Espey, Molly, 2004. "Turning on the Lights: A Meta-Analysis of Residential Electricity Demand Elasticities," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Pedro Linares & Francisco Javier Santos & Mariano Ventosa & Luis Lapiedra, 2006. "Impacts of the European Emissions Trading Scheme Directive and Permit Assignment Methods on the Spanish Electricity Sector," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 79-98.
- Benjamin F. Hobbs & Fieke A.M. Rijkers & Maroeska G. Boots, 2005.
"The More Cooperation, The More Competition? A Cournot Analysis of the Benefits of Electric Market Coupling,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 69-98.
- Hobbs, B.F. & Rijkers, F.A.M., 2005. "The More Cooperation, the More Competition? A Cournot Analysis of the Benefits of Electric Market Coupling," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0509, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Sijm, J. & Neuhoff, K. & Chen, Y., 2006. "CO2 cost pass through and windfall profits in the power sector," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0639, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Bharvirkar, Ranjit & Paul, Anthony, 2002.
"The Effect on Asset Values of the Allocation of Carbon Dioxide Emission Allowances,"
The Electricity Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 51-62, June.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Bharvirkar, Ranjit & Paul, Anthony, 2002. "The Effect on Asset Values of the Allocation of Carbon Dioxide Emission Allowances," Discussion Papers dp-02-15-, Resources For the Future.
- James B. Bushnell & Erin T. Mansur & Celeste Saravia, 2007.
"Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure, and Competition An Analysis of Restructured U.S. Electricity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
13507, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James B. Bushnell & Erin T. Mansur & Celeste Saravia, 2008. "Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure, and Competition: An Analysis of Restructured US Electricity Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 237-66, March.
- Bushnell, James & Mansur, Erin T. & Saravia, Celeste, 2008. "Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure and Competition: An Analysis of Restructured U.S. Electricity Markets," Staff General Research Papers 13130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stennek, Johan & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Merger Control and Enterprise Competitiveness - Empirical Analysis and Policy Recommendations," Working Paper Series 556, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Keats, K. Martinez & Neuhoff, K., 2004. "Allocation of Carbon Emission Certificates in the Power Sector: How generators profit from grandfathered rights," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0444, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wietze Lise & Jos Sijm & Benjamin Hobbs, 2010. "The Impact of the EU ETS on Prices, Profits and Emissions in the Power Sector: Simulation Results with the COMPETES EU20 Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 23-44, September.
- Golombek, Rolf & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2013.
"Price and welfare effects of emission quota allocation,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 568-580.
- Rolf Golombek & Sverre A.C. Kittelsen & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2011. "Price and welfare effects of emission quota allocation," Discussion Papers 661, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Koenig, P., 2011. "Modelling Correlation in Carbon and Energy Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1123, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lion Hirth & Falko Ueckerdt, 2012. "Redistribution Effects of Energy and Climate Policy: The Electricity Market," Working Papers 2012.82, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Phil Wild & William Paul Bell & John Foster, 2012. "The Impact of Carbon Pricing on Wholesale Electricity Prices, Carbon Pass-Through Rates and Retail Electricity Tariffs in Australia," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 5-2012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Gurkan, G. & Langestraat, R. & Ozdemir, O., 2013. "Introducing CO2 Allowances, Higher Prices For All Consumers; Higher Revenues For Whom?," Discussion Paper 2013-015, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Francesca Bonenti & Giorgia Oggioni & Elisabetta Allevi & Giacomo Marangoni, 2011. "Evaluating the Impacts of the EU-ETS on Prices, Investments and Profits of the Italian Electricity Market," Working Papers 2011.99, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fell, Harrison, 2008. "EU-ETS and Nordic Electricity: A CVAR Approach," Discussion Papers dp-08-31, Resources For the Future.
- Yu, Haisan, 2010. "The EU ETS and Firm Profits: An Ex-post Analysis for Swedish Energy Firms," Working Paper Series 2011:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Bonenti, Francesca & Oggioni, Giorgia & Allevi, Elisabetta & Marangoni, Giacomo, 2013. "Evaluating the EU ETS impacts on profits, investments and prices of the Italian electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 242-256.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.