Neighborhood effects and trial on the internet: Evidence from online grocery retailing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Quantitative Marketing and Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111240
Discrete time hazard; Neighborhood effect; Random utility; Retailing; C25; M30;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brock,W.A. & Durlauf,S.N., 2000.
"Discrete choice with social interactions,"
7, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1991.
"Unemployment Insurance And Unemployment Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
2546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, A.C. & Hines, J.R.J. & Rosen, H.S., 1989.
"Copycatting: Fiscal Policies Of States And Their Neighbors,"
37, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Anne C. Case & James R. Hines, Jr. & Harvey S. Rosen, 1994. "Copycatting: Fiscal Policies of States and Their Neighbors," NBER Working Papers 3032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trichy Krishnan & Seethu Seetharaman, 2002. "A Flexible Class of Purchase Incidence Models," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 1-3-1010, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Vijay Mahajan, 2001. "Unobserved Retailer Behavior in Multimarket Data: Joint Spatial Dependence in Market Shares and Promotion Variables," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 284-299, October.
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1993. "Modeling Technology Adoption in Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 396-402, May.
- Bronnenberg, B.J.J.A.M. & Mela, C.F., 2004. "Market roll-out and retailer adoption for new brands," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-332473, Tilburg University.
- Frenkel Ter Hofstede & Michel Wedel & Jan-Benedict E.M. Steenkamp, 2002. "Identifying Spatial Segments in International Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 160-177, July.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Case, Anne C, 1991. "Spatial Patterns in Household Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 953-65, July.
- repec:fth:harver:1437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bronnenberg, Bart J. & Mahajan, Vijay, 2001. "Unobserved retailer behavior in multimarket data: joint spatial dependence in market shares and promotion variables," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-6205, Maastricht University.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Klenow, Peter J, 2002.
"Evidence on Learning and Network Externalities in the Diffusion of Home Computers,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 317-43, October.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 1999. "Evidence on Learning and Network Externalities in the Diffusion of Home Computers," NBER Working Papers 7329, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hofstede, Frenkel ter & Wedel, Michel, 1999. "Time-aggregation effects on the baseline of continuous-time and discrete-time hazard models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 145-150, May.
- Bronnenberg, B.J.J.A.M. & Mahajan, V., 2001. "Unobserved retailer behavior in multimarket data: Joint spatial dependence in market shares and promotion variables," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-332642, Tilburg University.
- repec:att:wimass:9127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, .
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
_068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995. "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 1998. "Learning from the Behavior of Others: Conformity, Fads, and Informational Cascades," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 151-170, Summer.
- Seetharaman, P B & Chintagunta, Pradeep K, 2003. "The Proportional Hazard Model for Purchase Timing: A Comparison of Alternative Specifications," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 368-82, July.
- Manski, Charles F, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 531-42, July.
- Conley, T. G., 1999. "GMM estimation with cross sectional dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-45, September.
- Tal Garber & Jacob Goldenberg & Barak Libai & Eitan Muller, 2004. "From Density to Destiny: Using Spatial Dimension of Sales Data for Early Prediction of New Product Success," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 419-428, August.
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Carl F. Mela, 2004. "Market Roll-Out and Retailer Adoption for New Brands," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 500-518, September.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- P. Baecke & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "Including Spatial Interdependence in Customer Acquisition Models: a Cross-Category Comparison," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/788, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- P. Baecke & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "Improving Customer Acquisition Models by Incorporating Spatial Autocorrelation at Different Levels of Granularity," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/819, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Wesley Hartmann & Puneet Manchanda & Harikesh Nair & Matthew Bothner & Peter Dodds & David Godes & Kartik Hosanagar & Catherine Tucker, 2008. "Modeling social interactions: Identification, empirical methods and policy implications," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 287-304, December.
- Paik, Jane & Ying, Zhiliang, 2012. "A composite likelihood approach for spatially correlated survival data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 209-216, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.