Labour Mobility and Decision Making on Social Insurance in an Integrated Market
AbstractIn a two-country model, the consequences of labor mobility on social insurance levels are studied. There are two groups of workers, one with a high risk and the other one with a low risk of being nonemployed. In both countries, the decision-making function on social insurance is some weighted average of the expected utilities of both groups. In case low-risk workers are much more mobile than high-risk workers, it can be concluded that labor mobility does not necessarily have a downward effect on social insurance. In that case, coordination of decision-making would not improve levels of social insurance. Copyright 1994 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 79 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karin Mayr, 2007. "Immigration and income redistribution: A political economy analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 101-116, April.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2002. "On the Political Economy of Low Skilled Immigration and the Welfare State," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 423-434, August.
- Helmuth Cremer & Catarina Goulão, 2011.
"Migration and Social Insurance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3478, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Goulão, Catarina, 2011. "Migration and Social Insurance," TSE Working Papers 11-217, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Goulão, Catarina, 2011. "Migration and Social Insurance," IDEI Working Papers 657, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Helmuth Cremer & Catarina Goulão, 2010. "Migration and social insurance," Working Papers 2010/53, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Arjan Lejour & Harrie Verbon, 1996. "Capital mobility, wage bargaining, and social insurance policies in an economic union," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 495-513, October.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2002. "Factor Mobility and Redistribution: A Survey," IDEI Working Papers 154, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2003.
- Stéphane Rossignol & Emmanuelle Taugourdeau, 2006. "Asymmetric social protection systems with migration," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 481-505, July.
- Oliver Lorz & Stanislav Nastassine, 2007. "Citizen-candidate mobility and endogenous local policy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 27-47, July.
- Lejour, A.M. & Verbon, H.A.A., 1993.
"Capital Mobility and Social Insurance in an Integrated Market,"
1993-79, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lejour, A. & Verbon, H., 1993. "Capital Mobility and Social Insurance in an Integrated Market," Papers 9379, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Lejour, A.M., 1995. "Social insurance and the completion of the internal market," Discussion Paper 1995-61, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Keisuke Kawata, 2013. "Capital market integration and optimal employment protection policies," IDEC DP2 Series 3-9, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Yvon Rocaboy, 1997. "Politiques de redistribution décentralisées et concurrence sociale," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 128(2), pages 131-143.
- Seija Parviainen, 1998. "Redistribution and Risk Sharing in EMU," Discussion Papers 159, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Feld, Lars P, 2000. " Tax Competition and Income Redistribution: An Empirical Analysis for Switzerland," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 125-64, October.
- Huizinga, Harry, 1999. "A two-region model of redistribution, migration and international trade," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 335-354, March.
- Pestieau, Pierre, 1996. "Politique sociale, redistribution et intégration économique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(3), pages 275-289, septembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.