Rules and Games
AbstractThis paper reconsiders the relationship between the rules of a game and its outcomes. The authors develop a notion of rule reform that leads to the selection of Pareto improved equilibria points. They then apply this notion to a series of naturally occurring fishing rules, including examples from Malaysia, India, Brazil, Turkey, and Canada. The authors show that reforming a game is conceptually akin to reforming an economy. Copyright 1991 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 70 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriele Camera & Charles Noussair & Steven Tucker, 2003.
"Rate-of-return dominance and efficiency in an experimental economy,"
Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 629-660, October.
- Camera, G. & Noussair, C. & Tucker, S., 2000. "Rate-of-Return Dominance and Efficiency in an Experimental Economy," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1135, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Noussair, C.N. & Camera , G. & Tucker, S., 2003. "Rate of return dominance and efficiency in an experimental economy," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-377947, Tilburg University.
- Ambec, Stefan & Garapin, Alexis & Muller, Laurent & Reynaud, Arnaud & Sebi, Carine, 2009.
"Comparing Regulations to Protect the Commons: An Experimental Investigation,"
TSE Working Papers
09-100, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Ambec, S. & Garapin, A. & Muller, L. & Reynaud, A. & Sebi, C., 2013. "Comparing regulations to protect the commons: an experimental investigation," Working Papers 2013-07, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Stefan Ambec & Alexis Garapin & Laurent Muller & Arnaud Reynaud & Carine Sebi, 2009. "Comparing regulations to protect the commons: an experimental investigation," LERNA Working Papers 09.18.294, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Novaczek, I. & Harkes, I.H.T. & Sopacua, J. & Tatuhey, M.D.D., 2001. "An institutional analysis of sasi laut in Maluku, Indonesia," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 14142, October.
- Sarker, Debnarayan & Das, Nimai, 2006.
"A Study of Economic Outcome of Joint Forest Management Programme in West Bengal: The Strategic Decisions between Government and Forest Fringe Community,"
14875, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Debnarayan Sarker & Nimai Das, 2008. "A Study of Economic Outcome of Joint Forest Management Programme in West Bengal: The Strategic Decisions between Government and Forest Fringe Community," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 17-45, July.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2004. "The Working Parts of Rules and How They May Evolve Over Time," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2004-04, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Runge, C. Ford, 2006. "Agricultural Economics: A Brief Intellectual History," Staff Papers 13649, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Jose Apesteguia, 2001. "Does Information Matter? Some Experimental Evidence from a Common-Pool Resource Game," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse24_2001, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Das, Nimai & Sarker, Debnarayan, 2006. "Reforms in Forest Management in West Bengal: A Game of Strategic Profile," MPRA Paper 14803, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Villena, Mauricio G. & Zecchetto, Franco, 2011.
"Subject-specific performance information can worsen the tragedy of the commons: Experimental evidence,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 330-347, June.
- Villena, Mauricio G. & Zecchetto, Franco, 2010. "Subject-specific Performance Information can worsen the Tragedy of the Commons: Experimental Evidence," MPRA Paper 27783, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Dec 2010.
- Fischer, M.E. & Irlenbusch, B. & Sadrieh, A., 2003.
"An Intergenerational Common Pool Resource Experiment,"
2003-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fischer, Maria-Elisabeth & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2004. "An intergenerational common pool resource experiment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 811-836, September.
- Ostrom, Elinor & Basurto, Xavier, 2011. "Crafting analytical tools to study institutional change," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 317-343, September.
- Nicholas E. Burger & Charles D. Kolstad, 2009. "Voluntary Public Goods Provision, Coalition Formation, and Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 15543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.