Asymmetric contests with liquidity constraints
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 150 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
Asymmetric contests; Competitive balance; Liquidity constraints; Low-valuation bidder; High-valuation bidder; D43; D72; C72;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foellmi, Reto & Oechslin, Manuel, 2009.
"Market Imperfections, Wealth Inequality, and the Distribution of Trade Gains,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7520, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Foellmi, Reto & Oechslin, Manuel, 2010. "Market imperfections, wealth inequality, and the distribution of trade gains," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 15-25, May.
- Manuel Oechslin & Reto Foellmi, 2006. "Market Imperfections, Wealth Inequality, and the Distribution of Trade Gains," IEW - Working Papers 266, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Reto Foellmi & Manuel Oechslin, 2010. "Market Imperfections, Wealth Inequality, and the Distribution of Trade Gains," Diskussionsschriften dp1006, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & BRUCE C. PETERSEN, 1988.
"Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Nti, Kofi O., 2004. "Maximum efforts in contests with asymmetric valuations," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 1059-1066, November.
- Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner, 2006.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 70-96, January.
- Pitchik, Carolyn & Schotter, Andrew, 1986. "Budget Constrained Sequential Auctions," Working Papers 86-21, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner, 1999.
"The Optimal Allocation of Prizes in Contests,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
99-75, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Kevin Milligan & Marie Rekkas, 2008. "Campaign spending limits, incumbent spending, and election outcomes," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1351-1374, November.
- Kesenne, Stefan, 2000.
"The Impact of Salary Caps in Professional Team Sports,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 422-30, September.
- Késenne S., 1999. "The impact of salary caps in professional team sports," Working Papers 1999026, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2010. "Politician preferences, law-abiding lobbyists and caps on political contributions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 81-101, October.
- Steffen Huck & Kai A. Konrad & Wieland Müller, 2002.
"Merger and Collusion in Contests,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(4), pages 563-, December.
- Huck, S. & Konrad, K.A. & Müller, W., 2002. "Merger and collusion in contests," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-112517, Tilburg University.
- Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Müller, Wieland, 2001. "Merger and collusion in contests," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance FS IV 01-04, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian L, 1998.
"Caps on Political Lobbying,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 643-51, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1987. "Strategic Behavior in Contests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 891-98, December.
- Yildirim, Huseyin, 2005. "Contests with multiple rounds," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 213-227, April.
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2010.
"Political Campaign Spending Limits,"
Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series
n213-10.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian, 1997. " Rent Dissipation When Rent Seekers Are Budget Constrained," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 92(1-2), pages 109-26, July.
- Arieh Gavious & Benny Moldovanu & Aner Sela, 2002.
"Bid Costs and Endogenous Bid Caps,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 709-722, Winter.
- Levitt, Steven D, 1994. "Using Repeat Challengers to Estimate the Effect of Campaign Spending on Election Outcomes in the U.S. House," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 777-98, August.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian, 1998. "Standard Auctions with Financially Constrained Bidders," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Fazzari, Steven M & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1988. "Investment, Financing Decisions, and Tax Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Kim, In-Gyu, 1997. "Delegation in contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-298, May.
- Todd R. Kaplan & David Wettstein, 2006. "Caps on Political Lobbying: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1351-1354, September.
- Szymanski, Stefan & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2005. "Incentive effects of second prizes," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 467-481, June.
- repec:ags:afjare:141665 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Ani & Nti, Kofi O., 1998. "Designing an optimal contest," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 587-603, November.
- William Stein & Amnon Rapoport, 2005. "Symmetric two-stage contests with budget constraints," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(3), pages 309-328, September.
- Martin Grossmann, 2011. "Endogenous Liquidity Constraints in a Dynamic Contest," Working Papers 0148, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Martin Gregor, 2011. "Corporate lobbying: A review of the recent literature," Working Papers IES 2011/32, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Nov 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.