Terrorist group survival: ideology, tactics, and base of operations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 149 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
Terrorist group survival; Terrorist tactics; Terrorist groups’ ideology; Panel estimates; Cross-sectional estimates; D74; C41; H56;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Landes, William M, 1978. "An Economic Study of U.S. Aircraft Hijacking, 1961-1976," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Alberto Abadie, 2006.
"Poverty, Political Freedom, and the Roots of Terrorism,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 50-56, May.
- Abadie, Alberto, 2004. "Poverty, Political Freedom, and the Roots of Terrorism," Working Paper Series rwp04-043, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Alberto Abadie, 2004. "Poverty, Political Freedom, and the Roots of Terrorism," NBER Working Papers 10859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Sandler, 2009. "The past and future of terrorism research," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 17(2), pages 5-25, Autumn.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher, 2010.
"Changing aid regimes? U.S. foreign aid from the Cold War to the War on Terror,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 185-197, March.
- Robert K. Fleck & Christopher Kilby, 2009. "Changing Aid Regimes? U.S. Foreign Aid from the Cold War to the War on Terror," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 1, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Claude Berrebi & Darius Lakdawalla, 2007. "How Does Terrorism Risk Vary Across Space And Time? An Analysis Based On The Israeli Experience," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 113-131.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Todd Sandler & Javed Younas, 2011.
"Foreign aid as counterterrorism policy,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 63(3), pages 423-447, July.
- William Shughart, 2006. "An analytical history of terrorism, 1945–2000," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 7-39, July.
- Enders, Walter, 2007. "Terrorism: An Empirical Analysis," Handbook of Defense Economics, Elsevier.
- Atin Basuchoudhary & William Shughart, 2010. "On Ethnic Conflict And The Origins Of Transnational Terrorism," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 65-87.
- Walter Enders & Todd Sandler & Khusrav Gaibulloev, 2011. "Domestic Versus Transnational Terrorism: Data, Decomposition, and Dynamics," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(3), pages 319-337, May.
- S. Brock Blomberg & Rozlyn C. Engel & Reid Sawyer, 2010. "On the Duration and Sustainability of Transnational Terrorist Organizations," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(2), pages 303-330, April.
- Jonathan S. Feinstein & Edward H. Kaplan, 2010. "Analysis of a Strategic Terror Organization," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(2), pages 281-302, April.
- Efraim Benmelech & Claude Berrebi, 2007. "Human Capital and the Productivity of Suicide Bombers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 223-238, Summer.
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd, 2000. "Is Transnational Terrorism Becoming More Threatening? A Time-Series Investigation," Staff General Research Papers 1823, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Sarah Brockhoff & Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2012.
"Looking Back on Anger: Explaining the Social Origins of Left-Wing and Nationalist-Separatist Terrorism in Western Europe, 1970-2007,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3789, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sarah Brockhoff & Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2012. "Looking Back on Anger: Explaining the Social Origins of Left-Wing and Nationalist-Separatist Terrorism in Western Europe, 1970-2007," Working Papers CIE 49, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Charlinda Santifort & Todd Sandler, 2013. "Terrorist success in hostage-taking missions: 1978–2010," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 125-137, July.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:49 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.