Imposing a turnout threshold in referendums
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 148 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
Referendum; Turnout threshold; Participation quorum; Strategic abstention; Game theory;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DHILLON, Amrita & PERALTA, Susana, .
"Economic theories of voter turnout,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1563, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Pedro C. Magalhães, 2008.
"Referendum Design, Quorum Rules and Turnout,"
NIPE Working Papers
05/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Helios Herrera & Andrea Mattozzi, 2010.
"Quorum and Turnout in Referenda,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 8(4), pages 838-871, 06.
- Paulo P. Côrte-Real & Paulo T. Pereira, 2004.
"The voter who wasn’t there: Referenda, representation and abstention,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 349-369, 04.
- Paulo P. Corte-Real & Paulo Trigo Pereira, 2002. "The voter who wasn't there: Referenda, Representation and Abstention," Working Papers Department of Economics 2002/04, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Magalhães, Pedro C., 2010. "How quorum rules distort referendum outcomes: Evidence from a pivotal voter model," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 541-557, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.