Bequests, sibling rivalry, and rent seeking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 136 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
Rent seeking; Bequests; Gifts; Sibling competition;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stark, Oded, 1998.
"Equal bequests and parental altruism: compatibility or orthogonality?,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 167-171, August.
- Oded Stark, 1988. "Equal Bequests and Parental Altruism: Compatibility or Orthogonality?," Departmental Working Papers _089, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Stark, Oded, 1998. "Equal Bequests and Parental Altruism: Compatibility or Orthogonality?," Economics Series 54, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Arye L. Hillman & John G. Riley, 1989.
"Politically Contestable Rents And Transfers,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 17-39, 03.
- Buchanan, James M, 1983. "Rent Seeking, Noncompensated Transfers, and Laws of Succession," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(1), pages 71-85, April.
- Alston, Lee J. & Schapiro, Morton Owen, 1984. "Inheritance Laws Across Colonies: Causes and Consequences," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 277-287, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.