Environmental Change, Risky Sexual Behavior, and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic: Linkages Through Livelihoods in Rural Haiti
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Population Research and Policy Review.
Volume (Year): 30 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102983
Deforestation; Environment; Haiti; HIV/AIDS; Rural livelihoods; Natural resources; Population; Remote sensing;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masanjala, Winford, 2007. "The poverty-HIV/AIDS nexus in Africa: A livelihood approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 1032-1041, March.
- Hunter, Mark, 2007. "The changing political economy of sex in South Africa: The significance of unemployment and inequalities to the scale of the AIDS pandemic," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 689-700, February.
- Verner, Dorte, 2008. "Labor markets in rural and urban Haiti--based on the first household survey for Haiti," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4574, The World Bank.
- Maynard-Tucker, Gisèle, 1996. "Haiti: Unions, fertility and the quest for survival," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1379-1387, November.
- Donohoe, Martin, 2003. "Causes and health consequences of environmental degradation and social injustice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 573-587, February.
- Loevinsohn, Michael & Gillespie, Stuart, 2003.
"HIV/AIDS, food security and rural livelihoods,"
157, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dolisca, Frito & McDaniel, Joshua M. & Teeter, Lawrence D. & Jolly, Curtis M., 2007. "Land tenure, population pressure, and deforestation in Haiti: The case of Forêt des Pins Reserve," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 277-289, November.
- Smith Fawzi, M. C. & Lambert, W. & Singler, J. M. & Tanagho, Y. & Léandre, F. & Nevil, P. & Bertrand, D. & Claude, M. S. & Bertrand, J. & Louissaint, M. & Jeannis, L. & Mukherjee, J. S. & Goldie, S. , 2005. "Factors associated with forced sex among women accessing health services in rural Haiti: implications for the prevention of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 679-689, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.