Birth and Fortune Revisited: A Cohort Analysis of Underemployment, 1974–2004
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Population Research and Policy Review.
Volume (Year): 27 (2008)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102983
Age-period-cohort analysis; Baby boom; Cohort size; Underemployment;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diane Macunovich, 1999.
"The Fortune of One's Birth: Relative Cohort Size and the Youth Labor Market in the United States,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
6, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Diane J. Macunovich, 1999. "The fortunes of one's birth: Relative cohort size and the youth labor market in the United States," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 215-272.
- Berger, Mark C, 1985. "The Effect of Cohort Size on Earnings Growth: A Reexamination of the Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 561-73, June.
- Clifford Clogg & Teresa Sullivan & Jan Mutchler, 1986. "Measuring underemployment and inequality in the work force," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 375-393, November.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979.
"The Effect of Demographic Factors on Age-Earnings Profiles,"
NBER Working Papers
0316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979. "The Effect of Demographic Factors on Age-Earnings Profiles," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 289-318.
- Macunovich, Diane J, 1998. "Relative Cohort Size and Inequality in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 259-64, May.
- Mark C. Berger, 1984. "Cohort size and the earnings growth of young workers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(4), pages 582-591, July.
- James P. Smith & Finis Welch, 2004. "No Time to Be Young: The Economic Prospects for Large Cohorts in the United States," Labor and Demography 0403005, EconWPA.
- Eamon, Mary Keegan & Wu, Chi-Fang, 2011. "Effects of unemployment and underemployment on material hardship in single-mother families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 233-241, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.