Trade policy and protection in the European Community
AbstractThe European Community is the world's largest trading entity. As a result, trade policy in the EC has an important impact on the world economy. This paper evaluates the formulation of trade policy in the EC and assesses the key instruments, both by sector and by target. The relative importance of tariff and non-tariff barriers is emphasised as is the role of anti-dumping. Finally, the impact of the single market programme and the Uruguay Round are assessed. Both will have a crucial bearing on the evolution of policy. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 1993
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Open Economies Review.
Volume (Year): 4 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100323
european community; protection; trade policy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André Sapir & Rolf Langhammer, 1987. "Economic impact of generalized tariff preferences," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8090, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir & Sam Laird, 1987. "Tariff preference," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8248, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- V.N. Balasubramanyam & David Greenaway, 1992. "Economic Integration and Foreign Direct Investment: Japanese Investment in the EC," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 175-194, 06.
- Rayner, A J & Ingersent, K A & Hine, R C, 1993. "Agriculture in the Uruguay Round: An Assessment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(421), pages 1513-27, November.
- Robert Ford & Wim Suyker, 1990. "Industrial Subsidies in the OECD Economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 74, OECD Publishing.
- Patrick Messerlin, 1989. "The ec antidumping regulations: A first economic appraisal, 1980–85," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 563-587, September.
- McKibbin, W.J. & Salvatore, D., 1995.
"The Global Economic Consequences of the Uruguay Round,"
110, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Warwick Mckibbin & Dominick Salvatore, 1995. "The global economic consequences of the Uruguay Round," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 111-129, April.
- Taran Fæhn, 1997. "Non-Tariff Barriers - the Achilles' Heel of Trade Policy Analyses," Discussion Papers 195, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.