Openness and Real Exchange Rate Volatility: In Search of an Explanation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Open Economies Review.
Volume (Year): 19 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100323
Openness; Real exchange rate volatility; F31; F41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yin-wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai & Michael Bergman, 2003.
"Dissecting the PPP Puzzle: The Unconventional Roles of Nominal Exchange Rate and Price Adjustments,"
102003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S. & Bergman, Michael, 2004. "Dissecting the PPP puzzle: the unconventional roles of nominal exchange rate and price adjustments," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 135-150, October.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai & Michael Bergman, 2003. "Dissecting the PPP Puzzle: The Unconventional Roles of Nominal Exchange Rate and Price Adjustment," CESifo Working Paper Series 924, CESifo Group Munich.
- Olivier Jeanne & Andrew K Rose, 1999.
"Noise trading and exchange rate regimes,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series
G99/2, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Charles Engel & Kenneth D. West, 2004.
"Exchange Rates and Fundamentals,"
NBER Working Papers
10723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Engel & Kenneth D. West, 2003. "Exchange rates and fundamentals," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Charles Engel & Kenneth D. West, 2005. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 485-517, June.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza & Roberto Rigobon, 2004.
"The Long-Run Volatility Puzzle of the Real Exchange Rate,"
NBER Working Papers
10751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Rigobon, Roberto, 2006. "The long-run volatility puzzle of the real exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 93-124, February.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1999. "Is the U.S. Trade Deficit Sustainable?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 47.
- C. Fred Bergsten & John Williamson (ed.), 2004. "Dollar Adjustment: How Far? Against What?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number sr17.
- Devereux, Michael B & Lane, Philip R., 2002.
"Understanding Bilateral Exchange Rate Volatility,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3518, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Devereux, M.B. & Lane, P.R., 2002. "Understanding Bilateral Exchange Rate Volatility," CEG Working Papers 20025, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Michael B. Devereux & Philip R. Lane, 2002. "Understanding Bilateral Exchange Rate Volatility," Trinity Economics Papers 200211, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- William R. Cline, 2005. "United States as a Debtor Nation, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3993.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Pascale Duran-Vigneron & Amina Lahrèche-Revil & Mignon, Valerie, 2004. "Burden Sharing and Exchange-Rate Misalignments within the Group of Twenty," Working Papers 2004-13, CEPII research center.
- Michael Bleaney & Mo Tian, .
"Currency Networks, Bilateral Exchange Rate Volatility and the Role of the US Dollar,"
11/06, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Michael Bleaney & Mo Tian, 2012. "Currency Networks, Bilateral Exchange Rate Volatility and the Role of the US Dollar," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 785-803, November.
- Michael Bleaney & Manuela Francisco, 2010. "What Makes Currencies Volatile? An Empirical Investigation," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 731-750, November.
- Maria Grydaki & Stilianos Fountas, 2010. "What Explains Nominal Exchange Rate Volatility? Evidence from the Latin American Countries," Discussion Paper Series 2010_10, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jul 2010.
- Mark J. Holmes & Sayeeda Bano, 2008. "On openness and real exchange rate volatility," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(14), pages 1-12.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.