Spatial agent-based modeling of household and firm location with endogenous transport costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal NETNOMICS: Economic Research and Electronic Networking.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102537
Spatial agent-based models; System of cities; Location choices; Traffic congestion; Commuting; Migration; C63; R12; R23; R41; R53;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996.
"Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 341-59, May.
- Venables, Anthony J., 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anthony J. Venables, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0137, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Eric J Heikkila & Yiming Wang, 2009. "Fujita and Ogawa revisited: an agent-based modeling approach," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(4), pages 741-756, July.
- Theodore Tsekeris & Stefan Voß, 2009. "Design and evaluation of road pricing: state-of-the-art and methodological advances," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 5-52, April.
- Meng, Qiang & Huang, Yikai & Cheu, Ruey Long, 2009. "Competitive facility location on decentralized supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 487-499, July.
- Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Anas, Alex, 2003.
"Theories of system of cities,"
2003-08, University of New Orleans, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Markose, Sheri & Alentorn, Amadeo & Koesrindartoto, Deddy & Allen, Peter & Blythe, Phil & Grosso, Sergio, 2007.
"A smart market for passenger road transport (SMPRT) congestion: An application of computational mechanism design,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2001-2032, June.
- Sheri Markose & Amadeo Alentorn & Deddy Koesrindartoto & Peter Allen & Phil Blythe & Sergio Grosso, 2007. "A smart market for passenger road transport (SMPRT) congestion: an application of computational mechanism design," Economics Discussion Papers 630, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Wei Fan & Frederick Treyz & George Treyz, 2000. "An Evolutionary New Economic Geography Model," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 671-695.
- Holgin-Veras, José, 2008. "Necessary conditions for off-hour deliveries and the effectiveness of urban freight road pricing and alternative financial policies in competitive markets," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 392-413, February.
- Audretsch, David B. & Feldman, Maryann P., 2004. "Knowledge spillovers and the geography of innovation," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 61, pages 2713-2739 Elsevier.
- Sevcíková, Hana & Raftery, Adrian E. & Waddell, Paul A., 2007. "Assessing uncertainty in urban simulations using Bayesian melding," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 652-669, July.
- Anas, Alex & Xu, Rong, 1999. "Congestion, Land Use, and Job Dispersion: A General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 451-473, May.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, December.
- Mun, Se-il, 1997. "Transport Network and System of Cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 205-221, September.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zeng, Dao-Zhi, 2002. "On the Number and Size of Cities," CEPR Discussion Papers 3386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lei Zhang & David M. Levinson & Shanjiang Zhu, 2008. "Agent-Based Model of Price Competition, Capacity Choice, and Product Differentiation on Congested Networks," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 42(3), pages 435-461, September.
- Roorda, Matthew J. & Cavalcante, Rinaldo & McCabe, Stephanie & Kwan, Helen, 2010. "A conceptual framework for agent-based modelling of logistics services," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 18-31, January.
- Liedtke, Gernot, 2009. "Principles of micro-behavior commodity transport modeling," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 795-809, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.