Fee or free? How much to add on for an add-on
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Marketing Letters.
Volume (Year): 22 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100312
Pricing; Add-ons; Complimentary service; Supplementary fee;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2005.
"Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
11755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 121(2), pages 505-540, May.
- Gabaix, Xavier & Laibson, David I., 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," Scholarly Articles 4554333, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lal, Rajiv & Matutes, Carmen, 1994. "Retail Pricing and Advertising Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(3), pages 345-70, July.
- Timothy Gilbride & Joseph Guiltinan & Joel Urbany, 2008. "Framing effects in mixed price bundling," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 125-139, June.
- Jinhong Xie & Eitan Gerstner, 2007. "Service Escape: Profiting from Customer Cancellations," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 18-30, 01-02.
- Lorin M. Hitt & Pei-yu Chen, 2005. "Bundling with Customer Self-Selection: A Simple Approach to Bundling Low-Marginal-Cost Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1481-1493, October.
- Adams, William James & Yellen, Janet L, 1976. "Commodity Bundling and the Burden of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 475-98, August.
- R. Venkatesh & Wagner Kamakura, 2003. "Optimal Bundling and Pricing under a Monopoly: Contrasting Complements and Substitutes from Independently Valued Products," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(2), pages 211-232, April.
- James D. Hess & Eitan Gerstner, 1987. "Loss Leader Pricing and Rain Check Policy," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 358-374.
- Kristina Shampanier & Nina Mazar & Dan Ariely, 2007. "Zero as a Special Price: The True Value of Free Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 742-757, 11-12.
- Goker Aydin & Serhan Ziya, 2008. "Pricing Promotional Products Under Upselling," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 360-376, June.
- Marco Bertini & Elie Ofek & Dan Ariely, 2009. "The Impact of Add-On Features on Consumer Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 17-28, 06.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Darin N. Lee & Pierre M. Picard & Ethan Singer, 2013. "Product Unbundling in the Travel Industry: The Economics of Airline Bag Fees," CESifo Working Paper Series 4397, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.