Location choices within global innovation networks: the case of Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Technology Transfer.
Volume (Year): 33 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=104998
Globalization of R&D; Location of R&D; Multinationals; Europe; F23; O32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajneesh Narula & Antonello Zanfei, 2003. "Globalisation of Innovation The Role of Multinational Enterprises," DRUID Working Papers 03-15, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Jacobs, Bas & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2005.
"Guide to Reform of Higher Education: A European Perspective,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5327, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bas Jacobs & Frederick van der Ploeg, 2006. "Guide to reform of higher education: a European perspective," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 21(47), pages 535-592, 07.
- Miotti, Luis & Sachwald, Frederique, 2003. "Co-operative R&D: why and with whom?: An integrated framework of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1481-1499, September.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Sapir, Andre & Aghion, Philippe & Bertola, Giuseppe & Hellwig, Martin & Pisani-Ferry, Jean & Rosati, Dariusz & Vinals, Jose & Wallace, Helen, 2004.
"An Agenda for a Growing Europe: The Sapir Report,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199271498.
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Giuseppe Bertola & Martin Hellwig & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Bernard Lange & José Viñals & Helen Wallace & Marco Buti & Mario Nava & Peter Smith, 2004. "An agenda for a growing Europe: the Sapir report," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8070, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hennart, J.-F. & Park, Y.R., 1994. "Location, governance and strategic determinants of Japanese manufacturing investment in the United States," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-174010, Tilburg University.
- Marco Giarratana & Salvatore Torrisi, 2001. "Competence Accumulation and Collaborative Ventures Evidence from the Largest European Electronics Firms and Implications for the EU Technological Policies," DRUID Working Papers 01-02, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Wilbur Chung & Juan Alcácer, 2002. "Knowledge Seeking and Location Choice of Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(12), pages 1534-1554, December.
- Davis, Lee N. & Meyer, Klaus E., 2004. "Subsidiary research and development, and the local environment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 359-382, June.
- Ambos, Bjorn, 2005. "Foreign direct investment in industrial research and development: A study of German MNCs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 395-410, May.
- Walter Kuemmerle, 1999. "The Drivers of Foreign Direct Investment into Research and Development: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder & Reger, Guido, 1999. "New perspectives on the innovation strategies of multinational enterprises: lessons for technology policy in Europe," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 751-776, September.
- Kogut, Bruce & Chang, Sea Jin, 1991. "Technological Capabilities and Japanese Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 401-13, August.
- Aschhoff, Birgit & Baier, Elisabeth & Crass, Dirk & Hud, Martin & Hünermund, Paul & Köhler, Christian & Peters, Bettina & Rammer, Christian & Schricke, Esther & Schubert, Torben & Schwiebacher, Fran, 2013. "Innovation in Germany - Results of the German CIS 2006 to 2010. Background report on the Innovation Surveys 2007, 2009 and 2011 of the Mannheim Innovation Panel," ZEW Dokumentationen 13-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Achcaoucaou, Fariza & Miravitlles, Paloma & León-Darder, Fidel, 2014. "Knowledge sharing and subsidiary R&D mandate development: A matter of dual embeddedness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 76-90.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2011. "Role of "Lead Market" factors in globalization of innovation: Emerging evidence from India & its implications," Working Papers 64, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Manolopoulos, Dimitris & Söderquist, Klas Eric & Pearce, Robert, 2011. "Coordinating decentralized research and development laboratories: A survey analysis," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 114-129, June.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2012. "India - a lead market for frugal innovations? Extending the lead market theory to emerging economies," Working Papers 67, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Giuditta Prato & Daniel Nepelski, 2014. "Global technological collaboration network: network analysis of international co-inventions," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 358-375, June.
- Schmiele, Anja, 2009. "Drivers for international innovation activities in developed and emerging countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-064, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Liu, Ju & Chaminade, Cristina, 2014. "Exploring the interplay, differences, and commonalities between global production networks and global innovation networks of two multinational companies," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2014/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Nepelski, Daniel & De Prato, Giuditta, 2012. "A network analysis of cities hosting ICT R&D," MPRA Paper 38796, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Añón Higón, Dolores & Manjón Antolín, Miguel, 2012. "Multinationality, foreignness and institutional distance in the relation between R&D and productivity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 592-601.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2012. "Frugal innovations for the 'unserved' customer: An assessment of India's attractiveness as a lead Market for cost-effective products," Working Papers 69, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- De Prato, Giuditta & Nepelski, Daniel, 2012. "A framework for assessing innovation collaboration partners and its application to India," MPRA Paper 39284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Prato, Giuditta & Nepelski, Daniel, 2012. "Global technological collaboration network. Network analysis of international co-inventions," MPRA Paper 38818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann & Mike Wright, 2014. "Technology transfer in a global economy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 301-312, June.
- Julie Hermans & Annick Castiaux & Marcus Dejardin & Stéphane Lucas, 2012. "Configuration in the flesh: challenges in publicly promoted clusters," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 609-630, October.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2012. "Open global innovation networks as enablers of frugal innovation: propositions based on evidence from India," Working Papers 72, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Anja Schmiele, 2012. "Drivers for international innovation activities in developed and emerging countries," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 98-123, February.
- Suma Athreye & Georgios Batsakis & Satwinder Singh, 2013. "Subsidiary Embeddedness is a Strategic Choice: Complementarity and the factors associated with different types of embeddedness," DRUID Working Papers 13-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.