Univeristy-Industry Cooperation in the Context of the European Framework Programmes
AbstractThis paper investigates the characteristics of university-industry collaboration in a large set of research joint ventures (RJVs) established in the context of the European Framework Programmes over a period of fourteen years. The share of university-industry RJVs is found to have gradually increased. Such RJVs have tended to be relatively larger in terms of participant numbers. Universities from peripheral European regions have been rather active in the examined RJVs. Firms cooperate with Universities to exploit research synergies leading to cost savings or improvements in R&D productivity, keeping up with major technological development, and sharing R&D cost. Firms reported that the most important benefit from such collaboration has been the positive impact on their knowledge base. Copyright 2001 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Technology Transfer.
Volume (Year): 26 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=104998
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roderik Ponds, 2009. "The limits to internationalization of scientific research collaboration," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 76-94, February.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 2009. "University-industry technology transfer options: licensing or research joint venture?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2582-2591.
- Roberto FONTANA & Aldo GEUNA & Mireille MATT, 2005. "Factors Affecting University–Industry R&D Collaboration : The importance of screening and signalling," Working Papers of BETA 2005-07, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- JosÃ© Albors-Garrigos & JosÃ© L. Hervas-Oliver, 2011. "Making sense of innovation by R&D and non-R&D innovators in low technology contexts: a forgotten lesson for policymakers," Working Papers. Serie EC, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie) 2011-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Athena Belegri-Roboli & Panayotis Michaelides, 2006. "Measuring Technological Change in Greece," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 31(6), pages 663-671, November.
- Rachel Levy & Pascale Roux & Sandrine Wolff, 2009. "An analysis of scienceâ€“industry collaborative patterns in a large European University," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Hans Lööf & Anders Broström, 2008.
"Does knowledge diffusion between university and industry increase innovativeness?,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Lööf, Hans & Broström, Anders, 2004. "Does Knowledge Diffusion between University and Industry Increase Innovativeness?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 21, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, revised 26 Jan 2006.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002.
"Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University--Industry Partnerships,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 10-21, Spring.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002. "Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University-Industry Partnership," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200201, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Verena Eckl & Dirk Engel, 2009. "Benefiting from Publicly Funded Pre-competitive Research â€“ Differences between Insiders and Outsiders," Ruhr Economic Papers, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen 0129, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen.
- Caruso, R. & Palano, D., 2005.
"Regioni e Territori nello Spazio Europeo della Ricerca,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(1).
- Raul Caruso, 2005. "Regioni e Territori nello Spazio Europeo della Ricerca," Urban/Regional, EconWPA 0501004, EconWPA.
- JoaquÃn M. Azagra-Caro & Dimitrios Pontikakis & Attila Varga, . "Absorptive capacity and the delocalisation of university-industry interaction Evidence from participations in the EU's Sixth Framework Programme for Research," Working Papers, Basque Institute of Competitiveness 2010R01, Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Yiannis Spanos, 2012. "Conditionally-mediated effects of scale in collaborative R&D," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 696-714, October.
- Kunihiko Konishi, 2013. "Public Research Spending in an Endogenous Growth Model," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 13-26, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Isabel Maria Medalho Pereira, 2007. "Business-Science Research Collaboration under Moral Hazard," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 721.07, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Barry Bozeman & Daniel Fay & Catherine Slade, 2013. "Research collaboration in universities and academic entrepreneurship: the-state-of-the-art," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 1-67, February.
- Roberto Fontana & Aldo Geuna & Mireille Matt, 2003. "Firm Size and Openness: the Driving Forces of University-Industry Collaboration," SPRU Working Paper Series 103, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Pere CONDOM & Josep LLACH & Andrea BIKFALVI, 2011. "Identifying Critical Factors in Managing University Technology Transfer and Commercialization Units," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(3), pages 602-618, July.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2006. "Regional Specialization and Universities: The New Verus the Old," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 55, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.