Estimating discount rates for environmental quality from utility-based choice experiments
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
Volume (Year): 37 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100299
Environment; Water; Rate of time preference; Hyperbolic discounting; Stated preferences; C25; D91; Q25;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heberlein, Thomas A. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Bishop, Richard C. & Schaeffer, Nora Cate, 2005. "Rethinking the scope test as a criterion for validity in contingent valuation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-22, July.
- Huber, Joel & Train, Kenneth, 2000.
"On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt7zm4f51b, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joel Huber and Kenneth Train., 2000. "On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths," Economics Working Papers E00-289, University of California at Berkeley.
- Joel Huber & Kenneth Train, 2001. "On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths," Econometrics 0012003, EconWPA.
- Richard C. Bishop & Michael P. Welsh, 1992. "Existence Values in Benefit-Cost Analysis and Damage Assessment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 405-417.
- Huber, Joel & Viscusi, W. Kip & Bell, Jason, 2008. "Reference dependence in iterative choices," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 143-152, July.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Osborne, Laura L., 1996. "Do Contingent Valuation Estimates Pass a "Scope" Test? A Meta-analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 287-301, November.
- W. Viscusi & Joel Huber & Jason Bell, 2008. "The Economic Value of Water Quality," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 169-187, October.
- Horowitz, John K & Carson, Richard T, 1990. " Discounting Statistical Lives," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 403-13, December.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009.
"Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, April.
- Laibson, David I., 1997.
"Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
4481499, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Cropper, Maureen & Laibson, David, 1998. "The implications of hyperbolic discounting for project evaluation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1943, The World Bank.
- George Loewenstein, 2000. "Emotions in Economic Theory and Economic Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 426-432, May.
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ulrike Malmendier, 2006. "Paying Not to Go to the Gym," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 694-719, June.
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Katsunori Yamada, 2012.
"Difference or Ratio: Implication of Status Preference on Stagnation,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0856, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Mar 2013.
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Katsunori Yamada, 2012. "Difference or Ratio: Implication of Status Preference on Stagnation," ISER Discussion Paper 0856rr, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Jan 2014.
- Eugenia Vella & Evangelos V. Dioikitopoulos & Sarantis Kalyvitis, 2012.
"Green Spending Reforms, Growth and Welfare with Endogenous Subjective Discounting,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c017_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Eugenia Vella & Evangelos Dioikitopoulos & Sarantis Kalyvitis, . "Green Spending Reforms, Growth and Welfare with Endogenous Subjective Discounting," DEOS Working Papers 1335, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Yamada, Katsunori & Sato, Masayuki, 2013.
"Another avenue for anatomy of income comparisons: Evidence from hypothetical choice experiments,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 35-57.
- Katsunori Yamada & Masayuki Sato, 2010. "Another Avenue for Anatomy of Income Comparisons: Evidence from Hypothetical Choice Experiments," ISER Discussion Paper 0795, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Mar 2013.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Granlund, David, 2010. "Public Goods and Optimal Paternalism under Present-Biased Preferences," HUI Working Papers 38, HUI Research.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza & María Paz Espinosa & María Repolles, 2010.
"Time discounting (d) and pain anticipation: Experimental evidence,"
10/13, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Brañas Garza, Pablo & Repollés Pro, María & Espinosa Alejos, María Paz, 2010. "Time discounting (delta) and pain anticipation: Experimental evidence," DFAEII Working Papers 2010-10, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Jean-Pierre H. Dube & Günter J. Hitsch & Pranav Jindal, 2012. "The Joint Identification of Utility and Discount Functions From Stated Choice Data: An Application to Durable Goods Adoption," NBER Working Papers 18393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Meyer, 2013. "Intertemporal Valuation of River Restoration," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(1), pages 41-61, January.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Granlund, David, 2011. "Public goods and optimal paternalism under present-biased preferences," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 54-57, October.
- Mayula Chaikumbung & Helen Scarborough & Chris Doucouliagos, 2014. "Incorporating cultural values and preferences in wetland valuation and policy," Economics Series 2014_3, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Andersson, Henrik & Hole, Arne Risa & Svensson, Mikael, 2013.
"Valuation of small and multiple health risks: A critical analysis of SP data applied to food and water safety,"
TSE Working Papers
13-465, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Henrik Andersson & Arne Risa Hole & Mikael Svensson, 2014. "Valuation of Small and Multiple Health Risks: A Critical Analysis of SP Data Applied to Food and Water Safety," Working Papers 2014005, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Andersson, Henrik & Risa Hole, Arne & Svensson, Mikael, 2014. "Valuation of small and multiple health risks: A critical analysis of SP data applied to food and water safety," Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics 11, Department of Economics, Karlstad University.
- Seeun Jung & Yasuhiro Nakamoto & Masayuki Sato & Katsunori Yamada, 2014. "Misperception of Consumption: Evidence from a Choice Experiment," PSE Working Papers halshs-00965671, HAL.
- Andrew Meyer, 2013. "Estimating discount factors for public and private goods and testing competing discounting hypotheses," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 133-173, April.
- Kirsten Rohde, 2010. "The hyperbolic factor: A measure of time inconsistency," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 125-140, October.
- Richard Zeckhauser & W. Viscusi, 2008. "Discounting dilemmas: Editors’ introduction," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 95-106, December.
- Andrew Clark & Claudia Senik & Katsunori Yamada, 2013. "The Joneses in Japan: Income Comparisons and Financial Satisfaction," ISER Discussion Paper 0866, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.