Deterministic Transformations of Random Variables and the Comparative Statics of Risk
AbstractIn this article, a general class of deterministic transformations that can be interpreted as changes in risk are identified. This provides a fourth characterization of a Rothschild-Stiglitz increase in risk. In addition, a particular subclass of these transformations, termed simple transformation, is shown to be well suited for comparative static analyses. This subclass contains as a special case the linear transformation used so often in the literature. A theorem is presented that generalizes the known comparative static results for large as well as small changes in risk. Copyright 1989 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
Volume (Year): 2 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100299
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta, 1999.
"Stochastic Pollution, Permits, and Merger Incentives,"
Staff General Research Papers
1700, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta, 1999. "Stochastic Pollution, Permits, and Merger Incentives," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 211-232, May.
- Gene M. Grossman & Giovanni Maggi, 1998.
"Diversity and Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
6741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Satya P. Das & Mausumi Das & Thomas B. Fomby, 2004. "Decreasing marginal impatience, income distribution and demand for money: Theory and evidence," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-04, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2005:i:7:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Machnes, Yaffa, 1995. "Deductible insurance and production," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 119-123, October.
- Jean Fernand Nguema, 2005. "Stochastic dominance on optimal portfolio with one risk-less and two risky assets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(7), pages 1-7.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2002.
"Agriculture and the environment,"
Handbook of Agricultural Economics,
in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1249-1313
- Hennessy, David A., 1997.
"Stochastic Technologies and the Adoption Decision,"
Staff General Research Papers
5162, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ingmar Schumacher & Eric Strobl, 2008. "Economic development and losses due to natural disasters: the role of risk," Working Papers hal-00356286, HAL.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis, 2001. "Espérance d’utilité et nouveaux modèles de choix dans le risque : une connivence cachée," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 77(4), pages 499-516, dÃ©cembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.