Performance of Residential Mortgages in Low- and Moderate-Income Neighborhoods
AbstractThis paper presents the first data on performance of mortgages on residences located in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods of U.S. cities. It provides new data on delinquencies and foreclosure provided by a sample of lenders who are members of the National Association of Affordable Housing Lenders and who have lending programs established pursuant to the Community Reinvestment Act. Sample mortgages on multifamily dwellings perform comparably with national sample data, whereas sample mortgages on single-family mortgages perform much better than comparable national sample data. The findings of this paper demonstrate clearly that lending programs in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods can be viable. The findings do not, however, help to settle the issue as the racial or gender discrimination in mortgage origination. Copyright 1994 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2001:i:apr:p:103-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arindam Bandyopadhyay & Asish Saha, 2011. "Distinctive demand and risk characteristics of residential housing loan market in India," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 703-724, November.
- Krupnick, Alan & Blackman, Allen, 1999.
"Location Efficient Mortgages: Is the Rationale Sound?,"
dp-99-49-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Allen Blackman & Alan Krupnick, 2001. "Location-Efficient Mortgages: Is the Rationale Sound?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 633-649.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Natalia Gallardo & Roberto Stein, 2010. "The Determinants of Household Debt Defa," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 574, Central Bank of Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.