Community Rating, Cross Subsidies and Underinsurance: Why so many Households in Japan do not Purchase Earthquake Insurance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
Earthquake insurance; Cross-subsidization; Risk; Japan;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michio Naoi & Kazuto Sumita & Miki Seko, 2007. "Earthquakes and the Quality of Life in Japan," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 313-334, December.
- Charles Ka-Yui Leung & Sam Hak Kan Tang & Nicolaas Groenewold, 2005.
"Growth volatility and technical progress: a simple rent-seeking model,"
Departmental Working Papers
_174, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Charles Leung & Sam Tang & Nicolaas Groenewold, 2006. "Growth Volatility and Technical Progress: A Simple Rent-seeking Model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 88(2), pages 159-178, 08.
- Charles Ka-Yui Leung & Sam Hak Kan Tang & Nicolaas Groenewold, 2005. "Growth volatility and technical progress: a simple rent-seeking model," Discussion Papers 00016, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Picard, 2008.
"Natural Disaster Insurance and the Equity-Efficiency Trade-Off,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(1), pages 17-38.
- Pierre Picard, 2005. "Natural disaster insurance and the equity-efficiency trade-off," Working Papers hal-00243028, HAL.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
- Naoi, Michio & Seko, Miki & Sumita, Kazuto, 2009. "Earthquake risk and housing prices in Japan: Evidence before and after massive earthquakes," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 658-669, November.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-48, July-Aug..
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-01-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yui Leung, Charles Ka, 2001. "Productivity growth, increasing income inequality and social insurance: the case of China?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 395-408, December.
- Browne, Mark J & Hoyt, Robert E, 2000. " The Demand for Flood Insurance: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 291-306, May.
- Michio Naoi & Miki Seko & Takuya Ishino, 2012.
"Earthquake Risk in Japan: Consumers' Risk Mitigation Responses after the Great East Japan Earthquake,"
Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series
2011-036, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Michio Naoi & Miki Seko & Takuya Ishino, 2012. "Earthquake Risk in Japan: Consumers' Risk Mitigation Responses After the Great East Japan Earthquake," Journal of Economic Issues, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(2), pages 519-530, June.
- Michio Naoi & Kazuto Sumita & Miki Seko, 2010. "Estimating Consumer Valuation of Earthquake Risk: Evidence from Japanese Housing Markets," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 13(2), pages 117-133.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.