Flood Hazards and Urban Housing Markets: The Effects of Katrina on New Orleans
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
Housing markets; Hedonic estimation; Flooding; Elevation; Housing supply; Katrina;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Halvorsen, Robert & Pollakowski, Henry O., 1981. "Choice of functional form for hedonic price equations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-49, July.
- Carolyn A. Dehring, 2006. "Building Codes and Land Values in High Hazard Areas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(4), pages 513-528.
- Stephen Malpezzi, . "Hedonic Pricing Models: A Selective and Applied Review," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Wilkinson, R K, 1973. "House Prices and the Measurement of Externalities," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(329), pages 72-86, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Speyrer, Janet Furman & Ragas, Wade R, 1991. "Housing Prices and Flood Risk: An Examination Using Spline Regression," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 395-407, December.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Terrance R. Skantz & Thomas H. Strickland, 1987. "House Prices and a Flood Event: An Empirical Investigation of Market Efficiency," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 2(2), pages 75-83.
- Pace, R Kelley, 1993. "Nonparametric Methods with Applications to Hedonic Models," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 185-204, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.