A Case for Percentage Commission Contracts: The Impact of a “Race” Among Agents
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
Brokerage; Percentage commission contracts;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven D. Levitt & Chad Syverson, 2005.
"Market Distortions when Agents are Better Informed: The Value of Information in Real Estate Transactions,"
NBER Working Papers
11053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven D. Levitt & Chad Syverson, 2008. "Market Distortions When Agents Are Better Informed: The Value of Information in Real Estate Transactions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 599-611, November.
- Yavas Abdullah, 1995. "Can Brokerage Have an Equilibrium Selection Role?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 17-37, January.
- Yavas, Abdullah & Colwell, Peter, 1999. "Buyer Brokerage: Incentive and Efficiency Implications," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 259-77, May.
- Thomas J. Miceli, 1991. "The Multiple Listing Service, Commission Splits, and Broker Effort," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(4), pages 548-566.
- Thomas S. Zorn & James E. Larsen, 1986. "The Incentive Effects of Flat-Fee and Percentage Commissions for Real Estate Brokers," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 24-47.
- Anglin, Paul M, 1994. "Contracts for the Sale of Residential Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 195-211, May.
- Rutherford, R.C. & Springer, T.M. & Yavas, A., 2005. "Conflicts between principals and agents: evidence from residential brokerage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 627-665, June.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1998. "Agency and Brokerage of Real Assets in Competitive Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(2), pages 239-80.
- Anglin, Paul M & Arnott, Richard, 1991. "Residential Real Estate Brokerage as a Principal-Agent Problem," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 99-125, June.
- Yavas, Abdullah, 1995. "Seller-Broker Relationship as a Double Moral Hazard Problem," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Oz Shy, 2009.
"Real estate brokers and commission: theory and calibrations,"
09-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Oz Shy, 2012. "Real Estate Brokers and Commission: Theory and Calibrations," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 982-1004, November.
- Abdullah Yavas, 2007. "Introduction: Real Estate Brokerage," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 1-5, July.
- Jonathan Wiley & Justin Benefield & Marcus Allen, 2014. "Cyclical Determinants of Brokerage Commission Rates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 196-219, January.
- Ronald Rutherford & Thomas Springer & Abdullah Yavas, 2007. "Evidence of Information Asymmetries in the Market for Residential Condominiums," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 23-38, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.