Alternative Models for Describing Spatial Dependence among Dwelling Selling Prices
AbstractIn this article different spatial statistics techniques to analyze the behavior of used dwelling market prices are compared. We fit two lattice models: simultaneous and conditional autoregressive, a geostatistical model, the so-called universal kriging and finally, a linear mixed-effect model. Different spatial neighborhood structures are considered, as well as different spatial weight matrices and covariance models. The results are illustrated through a real data set of 293 properties from Pamplona, Spain.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugarte, M.D. & Goicoa, T. & Militino, A.F. & Durbán, M., 2009. "Spline smoothing in small area trend estimation and forecasting," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(10), pages 3616-3629, August.
- Steven Bourassa & Eva Cantoni & Martin Hoesli, 2007. "Spatial Dependence, Housing Submarkets, and House Price Prediction," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 143-160, August.
- José-María Montero-Lorenzo & Beatriz Larraz-Iribas & Antonio Páez, 2009. "Estimating commercial property prices: an application of cokriging with housing prices as ancillary information," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 407-425, December.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2008. "Testing for spatial autocorrelation: the regressors that make the power disappear," MPRA Paper 10542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivier Parent & James P. Lesage, 2007.
"Using the Variance Structure of the Conditional Autoregressive Spatial Specification to Model Knowledge Spillovers,"
University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series
2007-03, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Olivier Parent & James P. LeSage, 2008. "Using the variance structure of the conditional autoregressive spatial specification to model knowledge spillovers," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 235-256.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2008. "Power Properties of Invariant Tests for Spatial Autocorrelation in Linear Regression," MPRA Paper 7255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morito Tsutsumi & Hajime Seya, 2009. "Hedonic approaches based on spatial econometrics and spatial statistics: application to evaluation of project benefits," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 357-380, December.
- Kato, Takafumi, 2012. "Prediction in the lognormal regression model with spatial error dependence," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 66-76.
- Victor Oliveira, 2012. "Bayesian analysis of conditional autoregressive models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 107-133, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.