Housing Inventory and Completion
AbstractThe model of Hendry (1986) is extended to a vector autoregressive system, in order to examine the sources of fluctuations in housing completions and inventory. The time-series properties of the completion rate are examined as well as those of the accumulated inventory. Shocks to income, interest rates, materials price, and housing price are examined. The completion rate appears to be more or less constant, unaffected by these shocks, so that inventory is evidently the control variable for builders. Copyright 1999 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Chul-In, 2007. "Does provision of public rental housing crowd out private housing investment? A panel VAR approach," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Croce, Roberto M. & Haurin, Donald R., 2009. "Predicting turning points in the housing market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 281-293, December.
- Peter Chinloy & Zhonghua Wu, 2013. "The Inventory-Sales Ratio and Homebuilder Return Predictability," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 397-423, April.
- Matthew Spiegel, 1999. "Housing Return And Construction Cycles," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm114, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2001.
- Ball, Michael & Meen, Geoffrey & Nygaard, Christian, 2010. "Housing supply price elasticities revisited: Evidence from international, national, local and company data," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 255-268, December.
- Kulaksizoglu, Tamer, 2004. "Measuring the Effectiveness of Competition Policy: Evidence from the Turkish Cement Industry," MPRA Paper 357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Miles, 2009. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty and Housing Investment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 173-182, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.