A Hedonic Price Model for Private Properties in Hong Kong
AbstractA hedonic model is used to explore the effects of locational, structural, and neighborhood attributes on the price structure of private condominiums in Hong Kong. The regression results and the elasticities of housing attributes obtained from the Box-Cox analysis indicate that the valuation of a property is sensitive to changes in housing traits. Home buyers are rational and are willing (unwilling) to pay for desirable (undesirable) housing attributes and that the valuation of a property is market-driven in Hong Kong. Copyright 1995 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tan, Teck Hong, 2011. "Measuring the willingness to pay for houses in a sustainable neighborhood," MPRA Paper 30446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexandre Tangerini & Nils Soguel, 2005. "Evaluation monétaire de la qualité de paysage / Evaluation of the landscape quality," Urban/Regional 0507007, EconWPA.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2012.
"Housing sales in urban Beijing,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 44(34), pages 4495-4504, December.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2011. "Housing Sales in Urban Beijing," Working Papers 2011/06, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2011. "Housing Sales in Urban Beijing," Faculty Working Papers 10/11, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Ma, Wai Yip & Zhang, Jun, 2013. "The Market Valuation of Interior Design and Developers strategies: a simple Theory and some Evidence," MPRA Paper 43896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexandre Tangerini & Nils Soguel, 2005. "Evaluation monétaire de la qualité du paysage. Monetary valuation of the landscape quality," Urban/Regional 0507002, EconWPA.
- Tan, teck hong, 2011. "Neighborhood preferences of house buyers: the case of klang valley, malaysia," MPRA Paper 30420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Kelvin Siu Kei Wong & Patrick Wai Yin Cheung, 2007. "On the Stability of the Implicit Prices of Housing Attributes: A Dynamic Theory and Some Evidence," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 66-93.
- Maurizio d’Amato, 2007. "Comparing Rough Set Theory with Multiple Regression Analysis as Automated Valuation Methodologies," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 42-65.
- Chan, Hing Lin & Lee, Shu Kam & Woo, Kai Yin, 2001. "Detecting rational bubbles in the residential housing markets of Hong Kong," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 61-73, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.