Productivity, efficiency and technical change: measuring the performance of China’s transforming agriculture
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 33 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Productivity; Efficiency; Technical change; China’s transforming agriculture; D24; O47; Q16;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Evolution of tubewell ownership and production in the North China Plain," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), June.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1999. " Parametric Approaches to Productivity Measurement: A Comparison among Alternative Models," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(3), pages 405-24, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455, December.
- Daniel H. Rosen & Scott Rozelle & Jikan Huang, 2004.
"Roots of Competitiveness: China's Evolving Agriculture Interests,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa72, November.
- Daniel H. Rosen & Scott Rozelle & Jikan Huang, 2004. "Roots of Competitiveness: China's Evolving Agriculture Interests," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa72.
- Allan N. Rae & Hengyun Ma & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2006.
"Livestock in China: Commodity-Specific Total Factor Productivity Decomposition Using New Panel Data,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 680-695.
- Rae, Allan N. & Ma, Hengyun & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Livestock in China: Commodity-specific Total Factor Productivity Decomposition Using New Panel Data," 2005 Conference, August 26-27, 2005, Nelson, New Zealand 98507, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Rae, Allan N. & Ma, Hengyun & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Livestock in China: Commodity specific total factor productivity decomposition using new panel data," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19527, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Somwaru, Agapi & Zhang, Xiaohui & Tuan, Francis C., 2003. "China'S Hog Production Structure And Efficiency," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22003, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-74, October.
- McMillan, John & Whalley, John & Zhu, Lijing, 1989. "The Impact of China's Economic Reforms on Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 781-807, August.
- Albert Park & Scott Rozelle, 1998. "Reforming state-market relations in rural China," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 6(2), pages 461-480, November.
- Wang, Honglin & Dong, Xiaoxia & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Reardon, Thomas, 2009. "Producing and Procuring Horticultural Crops with Chinese Characteristics: The Case of Northern China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1791-1801, November.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 1999. " The Components of Output Growth: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(4), pages 455-87, November.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Fan, Shenggan & Pardey, Philip G., 1997. "Research, productivity, and output growth in Chinese agriculture," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 115-137, June.
- Alan de Brauw & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2004. "The sequencing of reform policies in China's agricultural transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 427-465, 09.
- Songqing Jin & Jikun Huang & Ruifa Hu & Scott Rozelle, 2002.
"The Creation and Spread of Technology and Total Factor Productivity in China's Agriculture,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 916-930.
- Jin, Songqing & Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & Rozelle, Scott, 2001. "The Creation And Spread Of Technology And Total Factor Productivity In China'S Agriculture," Working Papers 11981, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Tian, Xu & Yu, Xiaohua, 2012.
"The Enigmas of TFP in China: A meta-analysis,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 396-414.
- Xu Tian & Xiaohua Yu, 2012. "The Enigmas of TFP in China: A Meta-Analysis," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 113, Courant Research Centre PEG.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.