Exact decomposition of the Fisher ideal total factor productivity index
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Total factor productivity; Fisher ideal index; Malmquist index; Decompositions; Agriculture; Aggregation; C43; D24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1999.
"A Generalized Distance Function and the Analysis of Production Efficiency,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 294-318, October.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1999. "A Generalized Distance Function and the Analysis of Production Efficiency," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 422, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1992. "Malmquist Productivity Indexes and Fisher Ideal Indexes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 158-60, January.
- Balk, Bert M, 1993. "Malmquist Productivity Indexes and Fisher Ideal Indexes: Comment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 680-82, May.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Timo Sipiläinen, 2004. "On the Anatomy of Productivity Growth: A Decomposition of the Fisher Ideal TFP Index," Econometrics 0410010, EconWPA.
- John McDonald, 1996. "Note: A Problem with the Decomposition of Technical Inefficiency into Scale and Congestion Components," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 473-474, March.
- C. Lovell, 2003. "The Decomposition of Malmquist Productivity Indexes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 437-458, November.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. A. K. Lovell, 1999.
"Profits and Productivity,"
INFORMS, vol. 45(9), pages 1177-1193, September.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-39, December.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455, December.
- Bjurek, Hans, 1996. " The Malmquist Total Factor Productivity Index," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(2), pages 303-13, June.
- R. Färe & D. Primont, 2003. "Luenberger Productivity Indicators: Aggregation Across Firms," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 425-435, November.
- Ray, Subhash C & Mukherjee, Kankana, 1996. "Decomposition of the Fisher Ideal Index of Productivity: A Non-parametric Dual Analysis of US Airlines Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1659-78, November.
- Lee, Chia-Yen & Johnson, Andrew L., 2012. "Two-dimensional efficiency decomposition to measure the demand effect in productivity analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(3), pages 584-593.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.